• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Roadtrip in the US

drew_goring

Big Bad Mother F*cker!
Last year me and some friends went on a 10 day roadtrip from Calgary, AB to Las Vegas. We are thinking of doing the again the end of May. I have thought about it but have really no idea where to go. It will probably be another 10 days or so again. I was thinking of driving down the West coast to California and maybe spending a day or 2 in Tijuana. Does anybody have any suggestions? Distance really isn't an issue. On the Vegas trip we drove Calgary to Vegas in 22 hours straight.

I wouldn't go to Mexico ATM.

Are things rough down there? About 6 years ago I drove to the border south of San Diego and took a bus across to the tourist area of Tijuana and back that same day. I take it things have changed since then?

Drug cartels are pretty much taking over right now. A lot of random kidnappings and killings are going on. Like steamboat said, I wouldn't go to mexico ATM. Unless it's southern mexico, I heard things aren't as bad there.

edit: LINK Didn't read the whole thing but to give you a bit of a head's up.

I would say Key West. That would be a nice long road trip for you, and a couple wild days in the keys is always fun.

I wish I had friends who still did stuff like this.

I'd suggest a trip to NoCal, with perhaps a side visit to Reno tossed in. San Francisco, Santa Cruz and the Napa Valley areas have a lot to see and do. Reno is prob on the way, depending on the route you take.

I'd suggest a trip to NoCal, with perhaps a side visit to Reno tossed in. San Francisco, Santa Cruz and the Napa Valley areas have a lot to see and do. Reno is prob on the way, depending on the route you take.

Yeah come to NorCal :D

That definitely sounds like a nice drive. About 3700 mile round trip.

if you make it though Oregon let me know if you want to go fly fishing I have all the gear! rp

Michelle and I have talked numerous times about making a long road trip but for some reason it just never comes to fruition. I'd love to do it though, sounds like you had fun last time and are gearing up for some good times this go around.

Last year me and some friends went on a 10 day roadtrip from Calgary, AB to Las Vegas. We are thinking of doing the again the end of May. I have thought about it but have really no idea where to go. It will probably be another 10 days or so again. I was thinking of driving down the West coast to California and maybe spending a day or 2 in Tijuana. Does anybody have any suggestions? Distance really isn't an issue. On the Vegas trip we drove Calgary to Vegas in 22 hours straight.

Two words: National Parks. There are some absolutely beautiful ones. Hit Yellowstone, Yosemite, the Badlands, Redwood forest, Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Saguaro, Carlsbad Caverns, etc.

http://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/us_national_park/main.htm

I can second the national park idea. Also don't forget the other coast, Pennsylvania is a beautiful driving state, Washington D. C. and the Smithsonian, and onto the Blue ridge parkway.

If you end up coming to San Fransisco or more specifically the San Jose area let me know. I am always down to share a good one with you and anyone else from CP :).

SPY!

You're just gathering information on the pending invasion of Canada.

SPY!

You're just gathering information on the pending invasion of Canada.

SHHH! :whistling:

Well, here is a proposed route. I have a buddy who's lifelong dream is to watch the price is right, so that will probably be a stop for sure.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...ie=UTF8&z=5

How about this time if you come through MT you let me know! :angry:

If you end up coming to San Fransisco or more specifically the San Jose area let me know. I am always down to share a good one with you and anyone else from CP :) .

Definitely will do.

if you make it though Oregon let me know if you want to go fly fishing I have all the gear! rp

Now I really like the sounds of that. :thumbs:

If you end up coming to San Fransisco or more specifically the San Jose area let me know. I am always down to share a good one with you and anyone else from CP :).

You know... there are a few of us locally :eek:

Might as well hit vegas. It would only add about 4 hours of driving.