• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rocky Patel construction sucks

I've never had a problem with RP smokes.
I usually burn Edge and Edge missile maddies,
Fusions and Vintage 90/92s, and I LOVE OWR
maddies. Never had any problems.

After Fuentes, RPs are the highest count in my
humis.

Not sure why you've had problems, but if you
find them tasty then don't give up on them.

I keep my humis in the 65-72% range. Lower
in winter, higher in summer. It's just the East
Coast humidity variation.

Chemyst :cool:

Personally, I have had zero problems with RP construction. That's mostly Vintage 92s, but also a couple of Olde World Reserves and Connecticuts. Always straight and have never unraveled or plugged or anything that could be attributed to construction.

I have also been smoking RP lately (factory seconds) haven't had any problems. They burn pretty evenly, no wrapper problems. I am on my second bundle of them as we speak.

RP is a brand that I will not buy any more. I think thier construction sucks too. I have smoked plenty of RP cigars and, literally have had to throw at least half of them away because of tight draw, unraveling wrapper or just plain bad, hot taste. I know a lot of people like them but I just have had nothing but bad luck with them. I know my humidor is good on the RH and temp. The RP boxes just sit there now. I have too many good cigars to choose from to bother with ones that are prone to problems, IMO.

As previously stated I haven't had any problems in the past with RP, but I am currently smoking an Edge that is unraveling both at the foot and the head. This cigar was gift by Robert though, maybe I inherited his bad luck.

Dennis

Edit for spelling