• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Romeo y Julieta Humidors

oak

Let it burn...
Hi there:

I'm shopping around for another humidor for the home front, and encountered two different models that I liked the looks of a lot (I'm thinking of getting one or the other, not both). Both are Romeo y Julieta labeled humidors (no idea who really makes them). Neither is cheap by any stretch (at least by my definition), but I'm looking for a box to store my favorite little buddies in style.

The two humidors can be seen at the following links:

Humidor One

and

Humidor Two

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about them (what company made them, are they good quality, etc). Both of these have tons of different drawers, which appears to me as I have a large number cigars in smaller quantities (5-10 each) that I like to keep fairly separate. Again, my main motive for looking at these is to get something that looks cool (I love the look of both), but I don't want to buy a piece of crap that isn't usable. Also, Romeo makes a couple of my favorites, so these boxes appeal to me for that reason as well.

Thoughts?

Welcome to the board bruddah.

Have you looked into coolerdors?

Be sure to introduce yourself in the Lobby.

FWIW, the burlwood one I like better :)

JC

Lumberg said:

JC
Thanks for the welcome!

I have looked into Coolerdors, and am debating on making one of those - but I'm still attached to "pretty" humidors for my sticks. Superficial, I know - but no one every accused me of depth... ;)

Cheers,

- Oak

oak said:
Lumberg said:

JC
Thanks for the welcome!

I have looked into Coolerdors, and am debating on making one of those - but I'm still attached to "pretty" humidors for my sticks. Superficial, I know - but no one every accused me of depth... ;)

Cheers,

- Oak
same here!
pretty is cool.

well, that and most of my sticks are 5 or less of ea.

I think the first one is cool.

I know they have a piramid humidor on the market w/ a bunch of trays that is def. cool looking.
otherwise, I like the first one.

oh yeah, welcome to CP bro.

welcome to cp.

funny thing...I just saw the the anniversary humidor tonight at the local cigar shop. I was considering it as well. Looks great. very nicely made. $425.00 here. he was asking $500.00 let me know what your paying for it. I thought that was a bit pricey.

good luck on your search.

Big100HD said:
welcome to cp.

funny thing...I just saw the the anniversary humidor tonight at the local cigar shop. I was considering it as well. Looks great. very nicely made. $425.00 here. he was asking $500.00 let me know what your paying for it. I thought that was a bit pricey.

good luck on your search.
Best price I've found on these was at the site I originally linked to (Holts - click on Accessories, then Humidors - they're both under that section). Holts has them for $350 for the 1875 model, and $295 for either the Tower or Anniversary Models. None of them come with humidification, but both of these prices are still considerably lower than I expected (I've seen these other online sources for 500+ - but I have no idea if this is the best price out there). Shipping is cheap ($5 UPS Ground, $10 UPS 2-Day) as well.

One of my issues is that I love them both from the pictures on various sites I've seen them at, but haven't seen any in person so I can take a look at the quality (and with all those drawers and doors, I'm wondering about leakage problems).

Did you see the anniversary model in person? What shop were you at (I see you're in Northern Virginia - I'm in DC - so it might be worth a quick ride)? I'd feel better if I could kick the tires a bit and check out one of these in person before buying.

Cheers,

- Oak

PS: By the way, did I just break a bunch of unwritten rules by quoting costs from an online source, etc?

Welcome to CP oak.

Check this out
www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=151095

Bid is at 121.00 :)