• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ronson Lighter Deal Buyers - READ THIS!

grateful1

Oh My!
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=67441&st=40&gopid=1014175&#entry1014175

From CF:
"After reading at another forum about the ronson lighter deal 12 for 16.99.... Turns out that company shnoop.com and pennywise.com is fraudenlently charging your credit cards, so check'em boys
frown.gif
"

You can thank terrantheman.

Well that just sucks. Nothing here, but I will keep a close eye out. Bastards...........

Looks like everyone got the lighters though. Thats a plus!
sign.gif

I used PP and after checking my account, no bogus charges.

I am glad I used a one-time use online number from my credit card company. I had a bad feeling about the site.

I'm glad I got mine from a local B&M instead of online, what they are doing sucks.

With Paypal you send payment, with credit cards they charge the payment. If you used Paypal you are in the clear.

Yep, this deal screamed PPal, but I am pleased with the lighters
and keep looking at shnoop for other deals of interest.

The vendor never sees your CC# when you use PPal. PPal
is an escrow service. Heck, for $16.99 I sent cash via PPal, iirc.
One decent lighter costs more than $17. Shnoop shipped promptly.

Chemyst :cool:

pennywise.biz has the same Ronson Amero lighter deal today, 12/27.

I'd suggest using PPal, since the vendor does NOT get your CC#
when using an escrow service(PPal).

My only question is, "Do I need a dozen more lighters?"
They do come in handy for gifts at herfs, etc. And the price is right.

Chemyst :cool:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=67441&st=40&gopid=1014175&#entry1014175

From CF:
"After reading at another forum about the ronson lighter deal 12 for 16.99.... Turns out that company shnoop.com and pennywise.com is fraudenlently charging your credit cards, so check'em boys
frown.gif
"

My card got popped for around $ 530.00 total at three different places; one in Ireland, one in the UK and one in Spain.

This just happened Christmas Day and yesterday.

From CF:
frown.gif
"

My card got popped for around $ 530.00 total at three different places; one in Ireland, one in the UK and one in Spain.

Damn! Sorry to hear that Bill! Hopefully they get it reversed asap.

Sorry to hear that Bill especially around Christmas. :angry: Hope things get fixed soon.

Did you pay by PayPal or enter your credit card number directly onto the website order page?

Did you pay by PayPal or enter your credit card number directly onto the website order page?

If he paid by PayPal, they couldn't be charging his card directly for anything.