• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Rough times....

Rob_k

If it ain't Scottish...it's crap!
As some of you may or may not know, I was layed off from my job of 6yrs as director of training and marketing for a small cabinet brokerage firm about a month and a half ago. We were hit badly by the downturn in the economy, down 40% in revenues in the first quarter, and more this past quarter from what my old boss tells me. This I can deal with pretty well as it is nothing personal, just business.
So the weeks go on, and my Dad ends up in the hospital (yet again) for his atrial fibrilation issue, this is the 3rd time he has been admitted, only this time, he passes out, falls, and separates his right shoulder. The docs finally tell us they have to do something other than what has been done, God forbid this didn't happen when he was on the highway in the center lane doing his usual 70mph.
While he is in the hospital last week, I get another bomb dropped on me by my Mom, she may have lymphoma ....keep in mind she has been in cancer remission for 11yrs now, she had lung cancer, is only at 50% breathing capacity and has trouble walking due to all the tissue, bone and lymph nodes in her chest and neck being removed. Right now it is low grade lymphoma, we are awaiting her cancer team to come up with a course of action that will hopefully keep her with us.
I know it could be worse ( and I know there are a lot of folks out there with much worse issues than I), and I may just be venting here, but I am really, really, beginning to wonder if this is the end of the bad stuff for me for this year. Money troubles I can solve, the medical stuff with my parents is what has me not sleeping, jittery and just plain ol' feeling like crap. Keep them in your thoughts please, they have been together for 42yrs, both just retired to enjoy the world and life together, and they can finally rest and relax like the deserve to.
Sorry for the rant folks...
Rob

Rob, my thoughts and prayers are with them and you. Sometimes it seems like everything is hitting us at one time. Like you say money issues can be resolved, love ones are the important thing. Keep your head up!

Hang in there, Rob. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about the hardships Rob. I hope things start to get better for ya and hope your parents recover quickly. And 42 years together? God bless them. I can only wish I have a marriage like that.

Sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you and yours. They say these things come in threes, so hopefully this should put you in the clear. Stay strong man!

Sorry to hear of your tough times, but hang tough, family is what is most important. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ken

My thoughts and prayers as well.

And don't apologize for 'ranting'. You weren't. You were leaning on friends for support.

My thoughts are with you and your family. It's never easy, but hang in there. No need to apologize. You're among friends here.

Rob, I cannot imagine the pain and the anxiety that you are going through...but find comfort that your friends here will be thinking about you and your family. I pray that your mom and dad have many more years together and have a very happy retirement. Please let them know that we're sending positive vibes their way!

Good luck bro,

Aaron

Stay strong brother, and know that many here have you - and your family - in their continued thoughts and prayers, myself included.

On a side note, with regard to your thoughts/analysis of the adversity you and your family are facing - know that this is the year of the rat in the Chinese zodiac. Good things are to come in the guise(s) of disruptive forces and, generally, adverse situations/conditions. However, these are to be welcomed and, in the end, it will be realized that they are all for the best - and much greater is in store. Just FWIW.

That aside, I'll still keep you all in my prayers brother.

Thoughts and prayers in route....

Thoughts and prayers headed your way, Rob. I hope everything takes a turn for the better!

Everything has a way of working itself out. Prayers are with you, bud.

Never worry about ranting about your life around here, brother. Your friends are here to help you through the hard times.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hey Rob, sorry to hear about these negative issues.

Hang in, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Brian

Stay strong bud, good thoughts and prayers sent to you and your family.