• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Roxor Deluxe Toro by Perseo

CigarMan Andy

Traveling Herf Man
I received a pm from Dan, a fine BOTL (MrMayorga) asking me if I had ever tried the Roxor. He said that he was at a Roxor tasting event at one of his local B&M's and that the owner had developed the blend and has Perdomo making them for him. Dan sent me three sticks to try and review. I decided to try the Cameroon Toro first. It was a nice looking stick, medium brown color with a smooth wrapper and nice construction.

roxorlogo.jpg

Roxor Deluxe Cameroon Toros are handmade in Estelli, Nicaragua by Perdomo. The Roxor cigar brand is delicious and hand-rolled to near perfection. All tobacco is aged at least 3 years and are made from Ligero, Viso and Seco tobaccos from various regions of Nicaragua which give them a very unique flavor. Just a fun note: They used the name Roxor to be unique as it was a palindrome, which means it is pronounced and spelled the same forward and backward.

roxor1.jpg

Length/Ring: 6" x 54
Shape: Toro Perejo 
Wrapper: Cameroon
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan
Strength: Medium - Full 

I pulled the stick out of the humidor were I let it rest for a few of weeks. I clipped my cap. I took a dry draw tasting an creamy flavor. I lit with my Lotus triple torch and took the first puff and immediately could taste a creamy sweetness, and there was a slight white pepper on the taste buds. The aroma rich and the draw medium and smooth. The burn was even and the ash was a medium gray with beautiful rings. Half way through the first third, this stick was getting very tasty. The ash finally fell of after about 2".

I started into the second third and started noticing that it was getting a little spicier with a slight hint of coffee and toffee. I was really enjoying this cigar. Getting more multi dimensional and interesting. For some reason, I kept looking at the band. It is Black and a florescent green as if it could have been designed by a poster designer from the 60s. Anything but traditional, but so was this cigar.

I was forty five minutes into my smoke as I started in on the last third. It become more complex with flavor combinations that reminded me more of Pepin than Perdomo. The finish was excellent.  

roxor2.jpg

In conclusion: This stick took an hour to smoke. This was an enjoyable and interesting cigar. Smooth, well rolled and blended. I look forward to smoking the Maduro next. I will have to order some of these. Thanks Dan.

MSRP: $5.20 to $6.40 Where to buy Roxor

Phil LaBondano is the owner/blender of Roxor and owns a B&M in my home town. I have enjoyed many of the Roxor. The natural is pretty flavorful for a natural.

Nice review!

Thanks for the review Andy. I've been looking to try these for awhile now. I kinda forgot all about them.