• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

RTDA Updates

Thanks for the update Al and I'm glad things all worked out fine...... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up of what I saw at the show.
Palio's new cigar "Essencia" is a big winner, tastes like an Illusione except a little richer. His limited production is not hype, this is an excellent cigar.
Padilla and Pepin splitting may have been the best thing for Ernesto. The new Miami is awesome, it tastes like it did on the very first batch. Dark, dark gray ash, great taste and burn and he dropped the price 25%.
Devil's Weed and Pinar Del Rio are both winner's.

Pete (Tatuaje) and I were able to work through all of our troubles and get everything straight. We had a great conversation and both admitted we were a little hard headed. Both of us agreed that now is not the time for dissension in out troubled industry and that it's a time for us younger guys in the industry to come together. We also talked about doing an Ultra small batch cigar to show our unity. Maybe a 100 cigar production with a contest attached to get them out to you guys. I'll keep you posted on that one.

All in all, it was a great show, got to hang out with Rod, Stinki Monki, Alex, Scott (Lkyman) and a bunch of other guys which was a great time. It was nice putting faces to the names. Thanks for the cigars and the great time guys.

Al

Yea, Marc from Palio was excited about the Escencia when I was at his booth. He gave me one to try so I will try it soon. It is going to be extremely limited to certain palio accounts. Don't forget Jonathan Drew was really cool to chat with which is where big Al and Bob came up to me. :D

Al its great to hear that thing are back on track with you and Pete.
What did you think of the new Fonseca Cubano Viso Fuerte?

Al its great to hear that thing are back on track with you and Pete.
What did you think of the new Fonseca Cubano Viso Fuerte?

Gabe, I thought they were a little inconsistent. I had 2 that had a really stiff draw. The other 2 that I smoked, one was really good and the other so, so. So I'm not sure on them yet.

Al

I have to say, I was really happy to sit down with AL. This was so much better than trying to understand someone's mood or meaning through typed words.
Not much of what either of us said was understood correctly. Face to face is always better.......
Al, I am leaving for Nica on Sunday to work on Cojonu 2009. Maybe I can sneak you some of those for the contest and at the same time I can get some feedback....

Thanks again Al for the talk.

Pete

Nice job, the both of you.

You gotta post some pictures as well.

I have to say, I was really happy to sit down with AL. This was so much better than trying to understand someone's mood or meaning through typed words.
Not much of what either of us said was understood correctly. Face to face is always better.......
Al, I am leaving for Nica on Sunday to work on Cojonu 2009. Maybe I can sneak you some of those for the contest and at the same time I can get some feedback....

Pete

Thanks for stopping by Pete. Glad you guys worked things through. Sounds like you guys had some good convo.

I sincerely love this thread. :love:

The emoticon means I am serious about my love.

-Mark

Palio's new cigar "Essencia" is a big winner, tastes like an Illusione except a little richer. His limited production is not hype, this is an excellent cigar.

Nice... that's on my list for sure, now. I'm digging all things Illusione lately. Those are some great smokes.

Thanks for the update, Al. :)

Pete

Thanks for stopping by Pete. Glad you guys worked things through. Sounds like you guys had some good convo.

I'm also glad to hear that. Thanks for stopping by, Pete.

Pete
I'm really glad this got worked out, as we'll all benefit.

Thank you, Pete and Al - :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Pete
I'm really glad this got worked out, as we'll all benefit.

Thank you, Pete and Al - :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Yes this is great to hear and thanks for posting on this thread Pete.

Now Al, I need to order some of these Tat Blacks I've been hearing about. Pete send him a few jars so I can get my fix on :laugh:

Good news indeed!

A little time, and cooler heads always prevail. :thumbs: I'm glad that this event gave the two of you a chance to mend fences, and get things back on track for a mutually beneficial partnership/friendship.

BTW..........I talked to each of you on the phone a few times during the whole "falling out" period, and neither of you had one negative thing to say about the other. Just respect and admiration.
Funny how the typed word can create such a mess.