• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Russian River Supplication

MAS_Puros

Me as a wee one with my bottle of Abyss
Supplication.jpg

Brown Ale aged in French oak Pinot Noir barrels with three strains of Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, Pediococcus and sour cherries.

Supplication

Style – American Wild Ale
ABV – 7.0%
Brewed In – Santa Rosa, California
Availability – Rotating Batch 003

Score – 8.4/10

Appearance:
Poured into my Duval Tulip, lots of bubbles with a 2 finger white head. No lacing. Brilliant clear copper color when held to the light. You can see a little sediment but not much. Overall the beer looks clear with its golden copper color.

Smell:
Vinegar is very dominant and the first aroma I can detect. I also smell some apple and a slight funk.

Taste:
Taste is same as smell, tons of vinegar upfront but fades into sour apple or cherry. I can also taste the oak and I get a tart finish that lingers on the tongue. All around smooth the blend is balanced, not much complexity in this brew.

Feel:
The carbonation is strong but helps with the vinegar taste, like a sparkling wine.

Overall:
I don't have much to compare this to since this is my first attempt at this style. I have to say I enjoyed it considering this was totally different. It was very drinkable and especially nice with my cheese and crackers. I would have liked to have gotten a bit more sour apple/cherry flavors. I can't wait to try Temptation next!

Back