• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sad day in our house

LilBastage

Meat is murder! Tasty, tasty murder.
Reaction score
Our oldest dog died this morning. She was a 14 year old Shih Tzu named Kimmie.

This was my wife's dog from the time Kimmie was a 4 week old puppy, and she is taking it pretty hard (as am I). My 4 year old son is also taking it pretty hard. It's his first experience with death, and this dog was about his best friend in the whole world. He really doesn't understand it (he's really trying to), but he is sad as all get out. It's breaking my heart...

We buried her earlier this afternoon. She was a dear friend and we will all miss her very much.

:(

Sorry for the loss of a dear family member.

Very, very sorry for your family's loss brother. To call them "pets" is such a vast understatement...they are very much indeed members of the family, in every sense.

Again, very sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Try to do something to cheer up the little one. Maybe some mini golf and ice cream.

Man thats a tough one. I am sorry for your loss. When we lost a dog at my house, we got another within the week. Seemed to take the familes mind off of the loss. Hope things go well for yours.

Sorry to hear about this....................Like MC said, Calling them just a dog or pet does not cover it. They leave such a void.

There is nothing anyone can say that will lessen your pain. Time will give you the space you need but it won't take it away. I got misty this morning over losing my buddy almost a year ago. I'm glad you and your family got the chance to nurture a unique bond with one of the worlds best things... a dog.

NA

Sorry for the loss. I lost my first dog 2 years ago in 2 weeks, and it still hurts. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my best four legged friend a few years back. Time heals the hurt, cherish the memories.

Sorry to hear it, brother.

Losing a dog is one of the most painful things I have ever gone through.

My best for your and your family during this difficult time.

Man thats a tough one. I am sorry for your loss. When we lost a dog at my house, we got another within the week. Seemed to take the familes mind off of the loss. Hope things go well for yours.

X2

Don't think of "replacing" your lost family member, but look at it as a new addition to the family. Seems like yesterday, actually was over 15 years ago, I had to have our beloved German Shepherd, Tasha, put down due to severe hip displasia. She had, literally, raised my kids, looked after them better than some parents I've seen, and it devastated the entire family. Went to the pound the next week and rescued a "Heinz" puppy that had been abandoned. Kids named him Dipsy, I called him Dipsh*t!! Was a great dog, and the kids loved training, walking and playing with him, and he fast became another member of the family.

It never fails to amaze me, that when we all get together, some of the kid's most fond memories are of things that they did with those dogs!!

Again, my sympathies on your loss!

Sorry to hear the news. I know it's tough. Losing a member of the family always is.

That sucks Alan, it's sad to lose a good friend, there must be a huge void. Hang in there.

Brian