• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sad day in our house

Sorry to hear of your lose, I agree that the best is to adopt another family member as soon as possible. The quite is just to much. They will always be remembered and never replaced, and they are all good friends.

Sorry for your loss bro. It's always hard losing a four legged member of the family.

I am so sorry. I could only hope to live a life as pure and untainted as my dogs. They represent all that is good to me in the world. We as people should be grateful for their love and affection.

Sorry for the loss, man. I don't know which is worse, sudden death, or the trip to the vet. Make a ceremony of chosing his successor. It helps.

Sorry to hear of your loss of a family member. It's been mentioned many times and it's true. Dogs are part of the family. Our family dog that I grew up with died over 17 years ago and we still think and talk about him. They never leave your memory.

Lopaka

Very sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. Dogs are definitely part of the family. Hang in there, your pooch is in a better place...

Mike and I are so sorry for your family's loss. We will be praying for the peace of Christ over your family and strength as you go through this time. As time goes on and you can endure it, try to have your son share his favorite/silly moments with his friend.

Sorry to hear this Alan.

My condolences to you and your family.

Rob

Oh bummer :( , I'm so sorry to hear about your loss of a dear family member as well. Take care.

David

Thank you all for the kind words and thoughts and prayers.

We're all doing a little better today. My wife and I did talk about it last night, and we'll get another dog soon. We've got some other things to get squared away first, but it will happen.

My little one is still pretty sad, but he is starting to share his memories of the good and fun stuff. I think he's going to be alright with a little more time.

The other 2 dogs are just moping around. She was the "matriarch" of the pack and they both seem lost with her not being around.

This is the 3rd time I've gone through this and it just doesn't get any easier. I think I'm closer to my dogs than I am to most people...

Thanks again to all of you.

Alan, words don't help much, but they are worth something. He's something I've shared with a bunch of people:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Share it with your family, especially your wife.

Peace!!

Words can't do any justice, but I am sorry for your loss. Time really does heal these wounds, but like others have said, you will NEVER forget her and the special times you've shared. It sounds like she had the best family a dog could ever ask for, and she lived a full life basking in that love.