• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Salt testing your hygrometer

Techdawg2012

Is the salt in a bottle cap with water in a ziplock bag for 4 hours pretty accurate? Or should I leave it overnight 10-12 hours?

I prefer the Boveda One-Step Calibration kit for 24-36 hours. However, if your going to use the salt in bottle cap - you should probably do a search and use BBS's way using an old Mayo jar.

Have you spent 10-15 minutes reading through any threads in The Humidor forum? Many, many threads about the salt test. Do yourself a huge favor - play around with the search feature, which has access to the experiences of 12 years and 12,000+ members. You may think I am being a prick now - but you will thank me later.

Have you spent 10-15 minutes reading through any threads in The Humidor forum? Many, many threads about the salt test. Do yourself a huge favor - play around with the search feature, which has access to the experiences of 12 years and 12,000+ members. You may think I am being a prick now - but you will thank me later.
damn, I just searched and found it!! I'm sorry guys, please forgive a noob....

No worries we all make mistakes! I wanted to add a link for you to see if this is the thread you found.

I dont remember if it says it in the thread or not but use two bags it seemed to work better for me this way.

Good luck brother
Paul

Excellent. No worries - there is really a wealth of information in the archives. If you take the time to read, you will learn so much more than if you asked every question you had, and we simply provided the answers.

No worries we all make mistakes! I wanted to add a link for you to see if this is the thread you found.

I dont remember if it says it in the thread or not but use two bags it seemed to work better for me this way.

Good luck brother
Paul
Thanks, Paul! I just slipped the second bag on and will let it "simmer" over night!

Good luck brother
Paul
Thanks, Paul! I just slipped the second bag on and will let it "simmer" over night!

Let us know how it works out for you over in the other thread. Also a major factor that really messed me up recently was the hygometers battery. If your hygrometer has not had a battery change in the past 6 months to a year I would start by changing that before performing the re-cal!

You may think I am being a prick now...

Now?

Rod is not keeping up with his banning quota for 2012. Would you like to volunteer, tomthirtysixtwocents?

Volunteer to start banning people for Rod? Sure. Where do I sign up?

Oooohhh no need to sign up....Rod already has you on The List.

OUtstanding. Anything I can do to help out Rod, I'm more than willing!