• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sam Adams Chocolate Bock

I had last years but I guess chocolate flavor and beer doesn't do it for me. I'll take a triple bock instead. :thumbs:

I had this years a few weeks ago. The bottle looks cool, and there's the novelty factor, but it tasted pretty gross to me. I guess I'm not in to the beer and chocolate thing.

I luv that beer..

Try this GUatemalan beer if you can find it.. It is called MOZA...great lager with hints of chocolate flavors..

Rogue Chocolate Stout is the maybe the best chocolate beer you can buy. If you like Sam Adams Chocolate Bock (which really isn't a bock) try Rogue Chocolate Stout (which really is a stout).

ejquin said:
Rogue Chocolate Stout is the maybe the best chocolate beer you can buy. If you like Sam Adams Chocolate Bock (which really isn't a bock) try Rogue Chocolate Stout (which really is a stout).
How is the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock not really a bock?

I've had the Rogue Chocolate stout -- it's pretty good. I prefer the Sam Adams tho :D

Hershey bar+Bud+Blender=Chocolate Beer. Cheap too!

:0 :sign: :0

How is the Sam Adams Chocolate Bock not really a bock?

Well for a lot of reasons but mainly because bocks are strong beer's above 6% abv, and are very malty and thick beers. The sam adams is 5.6% abv, and pretty thin.

Sam Adams is notorious for using beer style names liberally, but if you like it, who the hell cares?

AVB said:
Hershey bar+Bud+Blender=Chocolate Beer. Cheap too!

:0 :sign: :0
Just get the Hershey's syrup and a spoon and save yourself the trouble of a blender and the bar. :sign:

Also, maybe you can try putting Magic Shell on top of the head of your beer so you can then crack into it right before you drink it. :sign: :sign:

I can't wait for Sam Adams' July 4th Pop Rock's Lager to come out too. :)

I'll never see this overseas, but I gotta ask.... that 15.99 price tag isn't for 1 bottle, is it?

I'll never see this overseas, but I gotta ask.... that 15.99 price tag isn't for 1 bottle, is it?

Yep. And I had a hard time finishing one glass let alone the entire bottle.

MiamiCubano said:
Just get the Hershey's syrup and a spoon and save yourself the trouble of a blender and the bar. :sign:

Also, maybe you can try putting Magic Shell on top of the head of your beer so you can then crack into it right before you drink it. :sign: :sign:

I can't wait for Sam Adams' July 4th Pop Rock's Lager to come out too. :)
....except that unlike other beers, the Sam Adams beer does not add any kind of processed chocolate. It is fermented with a bunch of raw cocoa beans. It's not a particularly sweet beer; won the gold medal in Brussels last year as well.