• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sam Adams

damn ... it was a simple question, has anyone tried these beers LO'.

I believe we are all intitled to our opinion, especially when it come to taste. whether it comes to smoking a $30 cigar vs $6 cigar or a $20 bottle of beer or a $4 bottle ... one things for sure if you like it who cares!

one mans junk is another mans treasure!

I am a big fan of Sam Adams. That is how my love affair with beers started. They will always have a special place in my heart! :love:

When I am not craft beer drinking ..you can always find me with a S.A. in hand. My next trip t0 Boston will definately include a White Sox VS BoSox game and a trip to the S.A. Brewery.

I am a big fan of Sam Adams. That is how my love affair with beers started. They will always have a special place in my heart! :love:

When I am not craft beer drinking ..you can always find me with a S.A. in hand. My next trip t0 Boston will definately include a White Sox VS BoSox game and a trip to the S.A. Brewery.

That's how this fuggin' argument started. :laugh: Sam Adams is a craft beer. Some how, because he's been successful, people have gotten the idea that it's not a craft beer. If he put it in red bottles with champagne corks, and charged outrageous prices, people would be happy.

Doc.

That's how this fuggin' argument started. :laugh: Sam Adams is a craft beer. Some how, because he's been successful, people have gotten the idea that it's not a craft beer. If he put it in red bottles with champagne corks, and charged outrageous prices, people would be happy.

Doc.
hey Doc, have you seen their Chocolate Bock?

Let me give you guys a for instance. Two weeks to the day, I went to my friends shop and bought a 20 oz bottle of beer with a fancy caged champagne cork. I don't remember the name of the beer. There was no reason to. It tasted like a bad loaf of bread. I couldn't finish it. It cost me $12. Now if you were to run into one of my shipmates and said to them, "Doc couldn't finish his beer", they'd ask if I was on my death bed. And this isn't the first time. Half the time these so called craft beers suck. You are all being sold a bill of goods because some self-appointed expert said it was the be all, and end all. I've drank beer all over the world, some good, some fair and some horrible, as far as I'm concerned the American craft brewing industry is overrated. If you got to take out a home equity loan to buy a six pack, you're being screwed. Beer just ain't that expensive to produce; of course fancy red painted bottles and caged corks are.

Doc.

I don't know where you are looking or what you are buying but most American craft brews I have had are 5-9 bucks a 6 pack. Which, to me isn't bad at all(And I am a broke college student at that). Some of the more expensive beers that I have had are NOT American craft brews. Chimay, Westvleteren, Rochfort, and some of Boulevards Smokestack series. All of these are around the 10-12 bucks a bottle range and most are pretty good, BUT the only one in that list that is American is Boulevard. The rest are Belgian trappist ales, (which sounds like what you had, Chimay to be specific). The big thing that bothers me about your post is that you seem to lump everything you havent heard about or thats expensive that you can buy here as an American craft beer, and thats just not the case. I'm only 22 and I have had probably over 400 different kinds of beer. Domestic and imported, craft and mainstream. And in my opinion, American craft brews are for the most part, superior to other beers.. I don't care what a so called "expert" says about a beer, or how pricey it is. I will try it, and I will drink it if I enjoy it.

I have to ask Doc, what is your favorite type of beer?

Edit... I have to add, I also love my cigars, but the same argument could be said for cigars as far as pricing goes. What makes a $30 cigar different or better than a $8 or $10 cigar? Hell we could expand this completely and go into the clothing industry, or for all intensive purposes ANY industry. It all comes down to preference, and if people will pay it, then they will sell it.

I'm also of big fan of IPA's. Longhammer and Smuttynose Finest Kind, being two of my favorites. I discovered an English beer a while back that I think is outstanding by the name of Hobgoblin. I'll be drinking more of that for sure.

hobgoblin.jpg

Ya gotta love the logo, but if the beer didn't taste good... None of these are expensive beers. You can afford to buy six pack and drink it all in one day. There seems to be a lot of piss poor beer, packaged in pretty bottles, which may indeed be labors of love, that just ain't drinkable. BTW, I feel the same way about cigars. The Fuentes and their tactics drive me nuts. And, if you're thinking to yourself, "Doc's just cheap", you'd be wrong. There's a bottle of scotch out there that I covet that costs about $300 that I would gladly pay for if I could just get my hands on it.

Doc.

I'm working on it Doc, I'm working on it.

And, if you're thinking to yourself, "Doc's just cheap", you'd be wrong. There's a bottle of scotch out there that I covet that costs about $300 that I would gladly pay for if I could just get my hands on it.

Doc.

I'm also of big fan of IPA's. Longhammer and Smuttynose Finest Kind, being two of my favorites. I discovered an English beer a while back that I think is outstanding by the name of Hobgoblin. I'll be drinking more of that for sure.

hobgoblin.jpg

Ya gotta love the logo, but if the beer didn't taste good... None of these are expensive beers. You can afford to buy six pack and drink it all in one day. There seems to be a lot of piss poor beer, packaged in pretty bottles, which may indeed be labors of love, that just ain't drinkable. BTW, I feel the same way about cigars. The Fuentes and their tactics drive me nuts. And, if you're thinking to yourself, "Doc's just cheap", you'd be wrong. There's a bottle of scotch out there that I covet that costs about $300 that I would gladly pay for if I could just get my hands on it.

Doc.

Longhammer is a good IPA. I also like Redhooks ESB. Another tasty IPA is Boulevards smokestack series IPA. One of the best I have had. I still stand by the fact that the majority of craft beers are no more expensive than a 6 pack of Sam Adams or Redhook.