• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Diego, a whales Va...

modo22

Discovered by the Germans right?
I am heading to San Diego Monday and my morning meeting just canceled. Now I’m open from 10 till 5pm. Anything I should check out? Any cigar shops? Can you smoke there? I assume not but didn’t know if anyone has been before?

We were there a couple years ago, what area will you be staying? I didn't hit any cigar shops, but there are lots of breweries, beaches and other things to do.

San Diego Zoo, Coronado Island, Pacific/Mission Beach, La Jolla.......

I am staying in the mission valley area. I have breweries on my list for sure. Dumb question, but I assume 65 degrees a “cold” 65 there?

I am staying in the mission valley area. I have breweries on my list for sure. Dumb question, but I assume 65 degrees a “cold” 65 there?

We were there in June and it was about 72. I wore shorts and tshirts or shorts/hoodie, but my wife was freezing @ 72 degrees :) It's off the water, so you'll get those cool temps, but it's definitely manageable :)

We were there in June and it was about 72. I wore shorts and tshirts or shorts/hoodie, but my wife was freezing @ 72 degrees :) It's off the water, so you'll get those cool temps, but it's definitely manageable :)
That and the total lack of humidity makes 72° there feel colder than most places would if you’re not used to it.

Discovered by the Germans right?
I am heading to San Diego Monday and my morning meeting just canceled. Now I’m open from 10 till 5pm. Anything I should check out? Any cigar shops? Can you smoke there? I assume not but didn’t know if anyone has been before?
I’m from there and know it well. Your best shot is Liberty Tobacco in Clairmont Mesa. (About 8 miles due North of Mission Valley.
It’s a great shop with good prices and great staff/customers. Always friendly folks enjoying cigars.
Around town there is pretty much no smoking indoors but there are some bars with patios etc.
My favorite beaches (since you’re so close) are 5 miles due West. Mission Beach - Pacific Beach. Many bars with patios where you can usually light up.
Also 75 degrees is just right. I pretty much wore shorts year ‘round. Just keep a light sweatshirt nearby just in case. It’ll be a holiday at the colleges so ....... there’s a lot to look at on the beach.
VB

Last edited:
I’m from there and know it well. Your best shot is Liberty Tobacco in Clairmont Mesa. (About 8 miles due North of Mission Valley.
It’s a great shop with good prices and great staff/customers. Always friendly folks enjoying cigars.
Around town there is pretty much no smoking indoors but there are some bars with patios etc.
My favorite beaches (since you’re so close) are 5 miles due West. Mission Beach - Pacific Beach. Many bars with patios where you can usually light up.
Also 75 degrees is just right. I pretty much wore shorts year ‘round. Just keep a light sweatshirt nearby just in case. It’ll be a holiday at the colleges so ....... there’s a lot to look at on the beach.
VB
Awesome! Thanks VB, great info! I’m looking forward to it and will enjoy “the view” on the beach for sure.

What are the chances that I’d log back on today??

Yeah liberty tobacco is great for cigars but they don’t have any alcohol. Churchill’s in old town is great cuz they have a bar too.

For beer you’re close to Modern Times; and/or hit up Bottlecraft in Liberty Station for a great food hall on top of beer selection.

If you have the time, head down to Chula Vista for some tacos at Tacos el Gordo or Barrio Logan for Las Cuattro Milpas (45 minute wait but sooooo worth it.). Both are in kinda rough parts of town.
PM me if you have any questions