• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

San Lotano Oval Robusto

jethro-b

San Lotano Oval Rubusto
Size : 5.5 x 54
Wrapper : Ecuadorian Habano
Filler : Nicaraguan&Honduran
Binder : Nicaraguan

I have not found a review of this cigar on CP so thought I would try and do one.

This afternoon I sat in my local park with a black coffee and lit up the robusto size Oval. In your face smoking nazi's.

I noted that it had a soft dense pack and was a chore to get my cutter through. However it lit and burned well throughout, with a fairly even burn. Cold draw was minimal with a light tobacco scent and flavour.

Appearance: Dark brown wrapper and filler. Smooth with a couple small veins

Flavour: Wonderful burning smell, easy draw. Very little flavour on the draw, but a pronounced pepper heat on the retro hale. The cigar produced a dry alternating wood and dry cocoa taste with no sweetness. Some leather fading in and out. The flavours were quite smooth , and never went beyond medium body. Caused a bit of dry mouth. At times there was a bit of strength and I got a little buzzy once or twice.

The overall effect was of a well put together and refined smoke.

The cigar had been in my tupperdor for about 5 months and seemed a little damp. This likely impacted flavour a bit. I will have to check my RH.

May seem like a luke warm review , but I would certainly buy another. Not exactly my favorite profile but very nice.

I picked up a 5 pack of these after trying one the other day. The one I smoked was good.

Thanks for the review. I have one of these in my humidor resting until the right time.

Possibly the right time will be in the morning....

Got a 5-er and I have to agree - not heads and shoulders above my regulars, but a nice stick that's a solid smoke. Decent price point, as well.

I've gone through 2 of these so far, 3 more sitting and resting. I didn't find any wow factor, but I attribute that to the shock of shipping.

Nice review. Going to pick a couple up this week and give them a try.

Nice review. Going to pick a couple up this week and give them a try.

For some reason I have never been able to enjoy this cigar. The San Lotano Maduro and Habano I love but I am the only person that I know that does not like this cigar. I have tried 3 and it just won't click.

Thanks for the review! I have heard good things about them but yet to pick any up. The owner at my B&M whole has a similar palette as me told me to give them a try and that I would really like them

I like the Oval. If you have a chance to try the Emilio AF1 and 2. Try them. Made by AJ Fernendez.