• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sancho Panza Double Maduro

bunyfreak

Ok, here goes.
These smokes have been some of my fav cheapie singles, so I went ahead and got a box. They all had a very consistant draw, flavor, construction etc...The taste is pretty good for me, with bits of leather and wood, almost charred sometimes (a good thing, in my book). The draw I would say is on the loose side of medium, and they need to be puffed at least fourty five seconds to a minute or so to stay lit. Overall, a good value at about $3 a stick.

The only problem that I had, which occurred with every cigar, is that after I snipped the cap, the remaining part of the cap (on the cigar) came off, as well as the the cigar starting to unwrap itself. I just broke off the wrapper at the smallest part, wet the end and spun in the direction of the wrap, which solved the unwrapping problem. Didn't have a single smoke unwrap while smoking, and it only came loose at the cut, not anywhere else on the cigar. It seems that my collection of wrapper rings built up quite a bit. Even tried using a punch (I don't like to on a cigar this big, but thought it may be worth a try) but the cap just fell off each time. Not really a big problem, but worth mentioning.
I guess that's it.

I have a box of the double maduro quixote and I have the same issue. I have to be very careful when I cut these cigars and even them I sometimes have an issue. It's easy to control, but can be annoying. but then I think that I paid less than $3 bucks for a nice smoke and I'm over it. :D

Nice review. I get those same flavors as well along with some dirt-like earthiness. I've also had cap issues but I handle it pretty much the same way as you do. I'm 2/3 ofa way through a box of the Quixotes and I love these little buggers. They were something like $2.25 shipped from JR.

Nice review, I also get the same flavor profile. You just can't beat these sticks for the price. I love 'em. Thank you Ginseng for turning me on to them.

I've always been a big fan on Sancho Panza though with the leather and earth I tend to find a sweet almost tangy taste in them.

-mark

I'm also working on a box of these. They are ok.

I would suggest you try a padron fuma. They may be a little cheaper, but in my opinion, they are much better.

I think by the box, these end up around $1.60 each. You wouldn't guess it from the taste.

Nice choice. I picked up a box of the Cervantes. I tried one, then for the price...they couldn't sell me a box quicker. :laugh:
You should also give the extra fuertes a try.

slevy007

bunyfreak said:
Ok, here goes.
These smokes have been some of my fav cheapie singles, so I went ahead and got a box. They all had a very consistant draw, flavor, construction etc...The taste is pretty good for me, with bits of leather and wood, almost charred sometimes (a good thing, in my book). The draw I would say is on the loose side of medium, and they need to be puffed at least fourty five seconds to a minute or so to stay lit. Overall, a good value at about $3 a stick.

The only problem that I had, which occurred with every cigar, is that after I snipped the cap, the remaining part of the cap (on the cigar) came off, as well as the the cigar starting to unwrap itself. I just broke off the wrapper at the smallest part, wet the end and spun in the direction of the wrap, which solved the unwrapping problem. Didn't have a single smoke unwrap while smoking, and it only came loose at the cut, not anywhere else on the cigar. It seems that my collection of wrapper rings built up quite a bit. Even tried using a punch (I don't like to on a cigar this big, but thought it may be worth a try) but the cap just fell off each time. Not really a big problem, but worth mentioning.
I guess that's it.
[snapback]286571[/snapback]​

Pyre said:
I'm also working on a box of these. They are ok.

I would suggest you try a padron fuma. They may be a little cheaper, but in my opinion, they are much better.

I think by the box, these end up around $1.60 each. You wouldn't guess it from the taste.
[snapback]286828[/snapback]​

I would LOVE to try a Fuma! But I can't friggin find em. They are sold out EVERYWHERE. THey must be good, or they must be rare. But I have heard that these things look terrible, but are fantastic. Hope my local B&M get some soon, I dyin' ovre here :laugh: .

slevy007

Never had a bad Sancho yet. A couple of them have taken me for a ride with a empty stomach. :0 I noticed after the cut the cigar wants to unravel at the cut but I always turn the cigar the opposite direction where the wrapper ended at so this solves the problem generally.

slevy007 said:
I would LOVE to try a Fuma! But I can't friggin find em. They are sold out EVERYWHERE. THey must be good, or they must be rare. But I have heard that these things look terrible, but are fantastic. Hope my local B&M get some soon, I dyin' ovre here :laugh: .

slevy007
[snapback]286909[/snapback]​

PM me your address and I'll send you a couple.

Mr Peat said:
Never had a bad Sancho yet. A couple of them have taken me for a ride with a empty stomach. :0 I noticed after the cut the cigar wants to unravel at the cut but I always turn the cigar the opposite direction where the wrapper ended at so this solves the problem generally.
[snapback]286918[/snapback]​

Same here. I once got my butt handed to me by an Extra Fuerte Barcelona (double corona size)...my head was swimming for awhile! But that cigar was amazing, so it was worth it.

I've really been liking the double maduros lately. Just such a great earthy, rich maduro flavor. I really want to buy a box soon!

Props to PYRE for hooking me up with some Fuma action.
Thanks a lot, buddy! Can't wait to see if the rumors are true! :laugh:

slevy007

i have to say that i only have the unraveling problem mentioned earlier about 1/3 of the time. These are great smokes for the price. :)