• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sanibel Island

tone-ny

I smoke therefore I am!
I'll be going down for a week in the sun. My brother moved up from Naples to Estero and will visit him for a day or so. My question is besides, beach, water and golf anything else to see on the west coast? Restaurant recommendations are always appreciated. TIA

Women!

540635279_6ec077b6e2_o.jpg

Damn.. I live in Bonita Springs. If I was going to be laid up from surgery I would say that we should get together for drinks and a smoke. Sanibel is gorgeous and you should have a nice relaxing time. Where is Estero does your brother live? I am looking atg moving up that way also because I am tired of the gated community life and there are some good deals in estero and san carlos.

Looks like I'll miss you by a week. I leave the 17th from Ft Myers Beach, but I planned on going to Sanibel for a weekend. Beautiful beaches!

I'm not familiar with the new area my brother moved to, but it seems like a nice area. He's retiring next year so I'm assuming he chose this place to be there for a while.

Ahhh...Sanibel Island. :)

I haven't been down there for years. It is absolutely beautiful and you'll have a grand time.

Enjoy! :)

I really enjoyed the Edison and Ford Estate. http://www.efwefla.org/ Admission is a bit expensive but I thought it was worth it. Wife and I did a day trip across the state from Port St. Lucie to visit the estate.

Sanibel Island is very nice, Anthony. I haven't been but a collegeaue has a house there. I'll check with him on Monday and report any of his recommendations.

Best,

Rob

Anything Florida sounds good to me, the cold is getting me down, enjoy your stay Anthony. :thumbs: :love:

Fishing is usually excellent there. You can get a guide out of South Seas Plantation. Snook and redfish are great in the passes on a tide change, and tarpon at Boca Grande.
Peter

Have a great time, Anthony! I haven't been down to Sanibel in a good 30 years. I still remember the crystal clear waters.

Wilkey

water isn't so clear anymore....matter of fact they had warning signs up to keep people out of the water the other day because red tide was so bad.

Thanks all for the info and well wishes. I'm looking forward to a week of just relaxing, and seeing my brother.

Hopefully Fay is long gone by the time you get here... This is gunna be the first hurricane since I moved here. I can do without it! lol

Hopefully Fay is long gone by the time you get here... This is gunna be the first hurricane since I moved here. I can do without it! lol

Amen to that, I've had my share of hurricanes!