• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SAY OPUS X!!!!

STYX&STONED

READ MY LIPS!!!!!
Hey guys, check this out! My good buddy kurtcigar1 aka Kurt has left town and asked me to baby sit the zoo. Any how LOLA is a 2 year old Macaw (bird) that is very very smart. Kurt and family left last Wednesday night and I am trying to teach it to say OPUS X. Today is day #4 and I have her to the point of saying OP. I have seven more days to get US X added to that. any pointers would be greatly repaid, so how about it? Just let time take its course or do any of you guys have any tips. HELP!!!!!!! I know he would just love it when he comes home to hear LOLA say OPUS X. P.S. She has a wide vocab already so I think she should get it.

jack hanna fans beware, there's a new bird man in town!

:thumbs:

that is pretty cool. B.O.L. in finishing it in time.

LMAO, Tape record it while you say it then play it back
You talk for 30 min or an hour and then you hit play every time you are around her. :thumbs:

Or just let her try on, she may say it by herself :p

If you could ever get Lola to smoke an Opus X, she would definately say it in order to ask Kurt for another one.

"Lola wanna OpusX!"

:D

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
jack hanna fans beware, there's a new bird man in town!

:thumbs:

that is pretty cool. B.O.L. in finishing it in time.
Easy there monkey boy!!! :p

SD_Stack said:
If you could ever get Lola to smoke an Opus X, she would definately say it in order to ask Kurt for another one.

"Lola wanna OpusX!"

:D
O, I'm sure Kurt would enjoy that :D .......................... Leeann :angry: (the wife) would kill me I'm sure.

I have a blue and gold macaw. Name is Roxanne, Roxy for short. She is hand trained and is smart. We trained her to talk with repetition using rewards. For example, if I want to teach her a new phrase I repeat it to her when I handle her and feed her. We also have a yellow naped Amazon named Ghepetto that is a real chatterbox. Ghepetto repeats phrases that she overhears. When the phone rings Ghepetto calls out "hello". Should we have friends over and they get up to leave, Ghepetto will typically call out "good by".
We have had Ghepetto about 25 years, and Roxy 4 years. You might say they are a part of the family.

I use to have two African Grays that could talk up a storm. After teaching them to say repetitive words we moved on to having them respond instead of repeat. We had one of the Grays answering "How are you today" with "Very fine thank you". Talk about freaking people out. :)

As been said.....record the phrase you want repeated. I used a cassette player....record a cassette and then play the cassette on a loop. Works great while you're at work. What ever you do....don't leave the TV on.... we about never got that bird to stop saying "here on Gillllllaaaaagannnnssss Island" :lookup:

When I was in college I had a roomate that lived in Houma, LA about an hour and a half south of Baton Rouge. Once in a while I would go home with him on the weekends so I could eat something other than red beans and rice. Well one time we were there and he needed something from the hardware store. The owner of this store owned a macaw and kept it at the store during the day. The bird knew all sorts of hardware-related phrases as well as a decent bit of sports talk. While we were there, this guy came into the store, picked up his items, paid for them and started to leave. On his way out he passed by the bird and couldn't resist trying to get it to say something. He tried all the usual approaches: "Polly want a cracker", etc. but the bird refused to talk. Finally the guy gave up and as he turned to go he muttered "Stupid bird" under his breath. The bird let him get about half way to the front door and then said, "I can talk. Can you fly?"

The owner of an adult beverage store I used to frequent often times had a huge white bird in the store on a stand. Very buitifull, although I never heard it talk. One evening near Thanksgiving a friend of mine and I was shopping there, and I casually happened to ask the owner what he thought the bird would dress out at. He didn't seem to think it was funny and never seemed all that friendly after that.

FatherTiresius said:
When I was in college I had a roomate that lived in Houma, LA about an hour and a half south of Baton Rouge. Once in a while I would go home with him on the weekends so I could eat something other than red beans and rice. Well one time we were there and he needed something from the hardware store. The owner of this store owned a macaw and kept it at the store during the day. The bird knew all sorts of hardware-related phrases as well as a decent bit of sports talk. While we were there, this guy came into the store, picked up his items, paid for them and started to leave. On his way out he passed by the bird and couldn't resist trying to get it to say something. He tried all the usual approaches: "Polly want a cracker", etc. but the bird refused to talk. Finally the guy gave up and as he turned to go he muttered "Stupid bird" under his breath. The bird let him get about half way to the front door and then said, "I can talk. Can you fly?"
LMAO!!!!!!

Well guys, Kurt will be back with his family today and the damn bird gave up on me 2 days ago. I guess I didnt get to spend enough time with here, but I'll keep trying and get Kurt and his wife to work on it as well. it shouldnt take to much more coaching. Thanks for the help guys!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

Now I'm going to be wondering what else might come out of her mouth....errr beak!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Thanks Gary!

Owe you one....

kurtcigar1 said:
:D :D :D

Now I'm going to be wondering what else might come out of her mouth....errr beak!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Thanks Gary!

Owe you one....
EASY COWBOY!!!! What ever it is , you know she learned it from the BEST!!! Dont forget to feed & water the horse while we,re gone!!!!! See ya when we see ya!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!