• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Scary but true 2!

anvil

Distant Member
Reaction score
Hey mates how are you all.
I had to post this after reading AVB's topic. I got sent this today, it is the front page story of our local paper. Thank god only a couple of people know me around here.

My Dad

2827117.jpg

Heres the story that goes with it:

Lady’ in red has a political part to play
By LUCY VICKERS - North Shore Times
Last updated 05:00 03/09/2009

His day job might be as the gruff president of the Takapuna RSA but former Navy sailor Michael Murphy is not afraid of dressing up as a woman.

He has been donning a red dress and stockings for his role as "monstrous" Labour Party leader Nannette Klinger in ShoreSide Theatre’s production of The Party Spirit.

He also has his face covered in makeup – lipstick, eyeshadow, blusher and all.

Mr Murphy says he doesn’t plan to make a habit of wearing women’s
clothes.

He leaves that to his wife, North Shore city councillor Jan O’Connor.

The Party Spirit is a comedy based on politics in New Zealand.

"We couldn’t find an ugly, large woman and asked Mr Murphy if he would consider it," says director Carol Dumbleton

Mr Murphy says his bushy eyebrows got him the part.

He describes Mrs Klinger as a "very large, very bossy, domineering, conniving woman".

He says she isn’t a very nice person and admits he doesn’t like her much.

"It makes it difficult, playing someone you don’t like."

Mr Murphy says there is a seduction scene in The Party Spirit where the "vile" Mrs Klinger bats her eyelids at MP Mick Rafferty.

"That’s hard work."

Mr Murphy is a founding member of the Libertarianz party in New Zealand and Ms Dumbleton says his political background was very useful for the show.

But Mr Murphy says his political views and those of Mrs Klinger are "poles apart" and that added an extra challenge for him in playing the part.

The Party Spirit runs until Saturday at The PumpHouse Theatre in Takapuna.

I am sure there are a few people here that will get a laugh from this..
:D :D

Many people do this in the name of theater. I did a lot of theater in high school, though never dressed as a woman..

Still had to look at the pic a couple times to verify it was a man!! :laugh:

A few crazy people do this in the name of beer and silliness :whistling: