• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search Function

And another example...I went to look up the thread with Pete and Al having issues...well, one of them had an issue...anyhow, I couldn't locate it within 'view content' area.

CP has a lot of great history. Without getting to it you might as well delete it after a year.

I can find it using Advanced Search. But you have to know a key word and who said it to find it using that. I would agree that capping it at one year is very limiting.

It's not my choice to cap it at 1 year. I have to use a 3rd party server app called Sphinx, due to the size of the database. With over 1 million posts, the internal search engine that comes with the forum software fails when you have more than 250k posts. Sphinx is designed to search millions upon millions of records. Only caveat is that it limits to 1 year of results.

So, let me see if I can get some custom programing done that will allow more than 1 year of results.

Gary - have a look now. I made some modifications.

So if you deleted all of Gary's posts the internal search engine would be fine? :dancingbananas:

That's correct, Clint. Gary is very taxing on the servers... I have to load balance his activity.

That's correct, Clint. Gary is very taxing on the servers... I have to balance his load actively .

Fixed that for you.......

Thanks, appreciate it. :thumbs: