• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Search within a PM

Yup! A code first made popular by Contra and it has been used in other Konami games. The variation to the code is "select, start" if you have a friend and want to do 2 players.

I never used "select, start" :(

It was always fun playing with a friend.. unless they sucked.. because once they use up their lives, they can keep coming back, but then it uses your lives! The last level where you have to shoot the alien heart relentlessly is great if you have the Spread gun and your partner has the Lazer gun.. both with the 'R' boost, for Rapid.. makes your weapons fully automatic.

You hit the alien heart point blank with both those guns fully opened up.. 5 seconds later you've beaten the game and are watching all the Japanese credits! The first time my buddy Chris and I beat that game in the 80s.. we felt like immortals! To this day, it's still probably my favorite NES game.. and still a challenge to win if you don't use the code and have just the few lives.

Anyone have a favorite level? I like the waterfalls.. just don't jump too high without your partner jumping up too or you'll keep killing him! Lol.