• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Seasonal Mood Disorder

tone-ny

I smoke therefore I am!
This is for all members alike.

Remember once the season changes your humidity level will change. Don't obsess about it!

Read the many threads on causes and fixes. Plus the ones about setting up a humidor/cooler/vinotemp/any other storage device you can imagine. If you spend all the time on why you can't maintain an erection, it becomes a reality. Enjoy the hobby, get some beads, buy a better humidor or cooler and smoke one of those babies once in a while!

For those of you that continue to obsess about this they have a multitude of mood altering chemical products to alleviate the stress. YMMV

Remember once the season changes your humidity level will change. Don't obsess about it!

Read the many threads on causes and fixes. Plus the ones about setting up a humidor/cooler/vinotemp/any other storage device you can imagine. If you spend all the time on why you can't maintain an erection, it becomes a reality. Enjoy the hobby, get some beads, buy a better humidor or cooler and smoke one of those babies once in a while!

For those of you that continue to obsess about this they have a multitude of mood altering chemical products to alleviate the stress. YMMV

This helps with relieving stress as well!

I'll let you know if it is or not in a while. BTW very informative post.

A very good reminder, Anthony...after a while you learn that a few points of RH either way just isn't the end of the world as you know it.

62, 65, 68.....just not that big a deal and certainly no cause to freak out.

If it gets "lots" wetter I start to worry about mold so I'll leave the door open if the ambient RH is lower than what's in the cabinet. If it gets "lots" dryer It's time to put water in the humidifier cans. No worries.....

Cheers, guys - T.L.

I actually had confirmed this back in 2006 during the winter months. I gave a call to Avallo saying that it never shut off. He explained that with the winter months, you have the heat on aka dry heat which will affect the humidor. He assured me all will be fine and I stopped worrying about it. But that is when I got full retirement and spent a good piece of cheddar on the humidor and Avallo system so it was new territory I'd never been in before.

What I am doing now is re-seasoning my Humidor as its been dry since Feb 2008. Its now back to where I want it at which is 62% and maintains it now. I can now put my cigars in their new home and work on filling the 3k stick humi up. :D

A very good reminder, Anthony...after a while you learn that a few points of RH either way just isn't the end of the world as you know it.

62, 65, 68.....just not that big a deal and certainly no cause to freak out.

If it gets "lots" wetter I start to worry about mold so I'll leave the door open if the ambient RH is lower than what's in the cabinet. If it gets "lots" dryer It's time to put water in the humidifier cans. No worries.....

Cheers, guys - T.L.

Tom my point exactly! I also recommend changing batteries often on your digital hydro. I can't tell you how many false readings I've gotten from batteries that started to lose their strength.

I only buy one cigar at a time, glad I don't have to deal with this..............whew!

Thanks for bringing this up Tone-ny, very good advice for me to remember. :thumbs:

BTW, Grateful1, I started to relieve some stress from your link, and now my keyboard has some keyyyyyyyys thhhhhat arrrrre sssssssticky! :sign: :laugh:

Well, if I needed a good laugh, the stress reliever blindsided me.

Maybe we should send some of this to Putin and Jim Il Jung, might help end the cold war. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Just make sure to smoke the cigar BEFORE you relieve stress, or atleast wash your relieving hand....

*bump*

Because the winter is coming. If this saves just one extra thread, it was a worthwhile bump.

Be sure to call the doctor if your stress lasts more than 4 hours. :whistling: