• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Seasonal Mood Disorder

it is good to know that with season changes my humidity level will change. I was thinking I was not doing something right.

During the summer, I have to leave my humidor open because it is so humid and the double humidity doesn't bid well for the cigars. :rolleyes: :whistling:

A few 65% rh Boveda packets in each of my humidors and I'm good. Usually humidity will sit between 61% and 63% during the winter months.

I have to agree with the post. Don'tfreak out over your humidity dropping in the winter. If you have a end table or large cabinet humidor, your humidity level should never drop if you have a humidifier large enough for your system. I have found that many Chinese made humidifiers cannot support larger systems when it comes to large temperature drops resulting in changes in humidity. All of our systems that we make can handle all the climate changes without any drop in humidity. Check then out at www.customcreation.net

This is for all members alike.

Remember once the season changes your humidity level will change. Don't obsess about it!

Read the many threads on causes and fixes. Plus the ones about setting up a humidor/cooler/vinotemp/any other storage device you can imagine. If you spend all the time on why you can't maintain an erection, it becomes a reality. Enjoy the hobby, get some beads, buy a better humidor or cooler and smoke one of those babies once in a while!

For those of you that continue to obsess about this they have a multitude of mood altering chemical products to alleviate the stress. YMMV

*bump*

Thanks for this tip. I thought that maybe I seasoned my humi incorrectly, since I was not able to get anything higher than 63% RH. I was also thinking that it was because I only have 10 seegars in my 75-100 ct humi.

62, 65, 68.....just not that big a deal and certainly no cause to freak out.

I'm bumping this thread to ask how much is too much? I've only had a few weeks with my beads. I got to the point where I had 3-4 days in a row that were spot on right at 65%, then we got hit with unseasonably high temps and humidity and my rh jumped to 70-71%. Is that too much - and the sign of a bad humidor, or is that within the realm of reason? I don't want to over analyze but I also don't want to ruin all my new smokes :cool:

62, 65, 68.....just not that big a deal and certainly no cause to freak out.

I'm bumping this thread to ask how much is too much? I've only had a few weeks with my beads. I got to the point where I had 3-4 days in a row that were spot on right at 65%, then we got hit with unseasonably high temps and humidity and my rh jumped to 70-71%. Is that too much - and the sign of a bad humidor, or is that within the realm of reason? I don't want to over analyze but I also don't want to ruin all my new smokes :cool:

You are fine my wine cooler is doing the same thing right now.. It will settle. Its just the drastic change in the weather/temp.

Just curious if anyone knows how much the AC will affect the humi?

It depends are you talking whole house or window ac? Also where you are located has a lot to do with it. Especially in humid locations.

Just curious if anyone knows how much the AC will affect the humi?

Whole house ac in MN. My humi is down stairs where it will be normally cooler. I'm just wonder what to expect.

Whole house ac in MN. My humi is down stairs where it will be normally cooler. I'm just wonder what to expect.

You might get a slight drop in humidity but your temp will fall right in line. Just don't set your house t-stat lower than 70F this will keep your temp perfect. As long as your humidors got a good seal you will be fine.

Temps have spiked up here at my house this week in the low 90F so I moved my humidor to the spare room popped a window shacker in there set for 70F. Over the past 3 days my humidor has been the best it ever has 65% at 70F.

I am putting central air in my house next spring. And this was a little test for me and so far so good.

Good luck.

I am acctually surprised at how well my humi has been doing! This is my first winter with my large humidor and I heat with a wood stove. If any of you burn wood or even pellets know how the stoves will suck every bit of moisture of of the air even more so than you conventional heating systems. Here I was thinking that this is going to be a pain this winter and to my surprize it hasn't. I am going thru more distilled water than in the summer but still not to bad.

Paul

This is my first winter with Heartfelt beads, and I have to say I'm surprised by how much changing temperature effects rh. I thought the forced air dry heat would absolutely kill the rh in my cooler, but I noticed that the only time the rh drops is when we leave the house for a weekend and the leave the heat set at 50*.

FWIW I have just the simple Tuscany 100ct. with the Heartfelt 1080cu. in. and 540cu. in. tubes with the humidor in a poorly insulated bedroom that stays between 55*F and 60*F and can drop down to about 45*F when it gets really cold and my humidor has stayed rock solid at 68*F. Not sure why, and in fact that is a bit too high for me and gives concern for when this poorly insulated room faces higher temps.

Perhaps I have reverse seasonal mood disorder.