• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Secret Handshake?

Wisco

I was working with a sales manager from another company today and the topic came to beer. I mentioned I enjoy a good beer and was able to sample some great ones thanks to a cigar forum I am a part of. He then proceeds to tell me he is a cigar smoker as well. I rarely find anyone that doesn't look at me cross-eyed when I mention cigars.

It got me thinking back to my catholic grade school days. They told us that Christians would draw half of a fish in the sand and if the other person completed the fish they knew they were safe to speak openly about religion.

I guess I wish more people shared the hobby. Or that there would be an easier way to identify a fellow Brother.

There's nothing covert about my cigar smoking. Most of the folks that will imagine the second head on your shoulders won't confront a polite upfront cigar smoker.

I know what you mean. Whenever I come across another cigar smoker around here and ask what they enjoy, I usually get "I like to smoke a Backwoods or two when I'm on the golf course".

Don't get too many " Padron 1926 Serie #2 maduro is my favorite" .......oh wait, that's my line!

Cigar smokers are usually identified by the cigar swag, usually a hat promoting a cigar company...
If that fails, the sniff check, although not recommeded, could work.

:laugh:

-Rob

I know what you mean. Whenever I come across another cigar smoker around here and ask what they enjoy, I usually get "I like to smoke a Backwoods or two when I'm on the golf course".

Don't get too many " Padron 1926 Serie #2 maduro is my favorite" .......oh wait, that's my line!

When I heard words like Maduro and H. Upmann I was pleasantly suprised. Maybe I need to add a Fuente pin to my winter coat.

Just look for one of these...
OpusX_SS_Ring12_1.jpg

Cigar smokers are usually identified by the cigar swag, usually a hat promoting a cigar company...
If that fails, the sniff check, although not recommeded, could work.

:laugh:

-Rob
You mean this? Possibly NSFW

OMG Elliot! :laugh:

I literally had tears running down my eyes when the poor guy was retching. :laugh:

Seriously though.... Like Brian said, when you meet someone who smokes something other than backwoods, I don't think I've ever found one I did not like.

Just seems like they're all like minded souls that I can always find some common ground and interesting conversation with.

I met OpusXKC because of a Punch Rothschild maduro maduro. Its been downhill since. :laugh: In fact, every country I've visited I have ran into someone smoking a cigar and a pretty good conversation followed. :thumbs: