• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money Pass - below 50 RG only- Completed.

P: L 40...tough one...$12.51
T: Viaje friends and family...another tough one...$14.83

Gary, I searched high and low and for the life of me I couldn't find anything lower than 13.95 on the
L 40. In other places it was laughable what they are going for. Some real gauging going on.

The May 2012 review had them at $12.95 online...

Honestly - unless there's an MSRP page...it's tough.

What about rarity on these?

The V is more rare than the L....no?

But I digress...

aurora_hand_ash_stand.jpg

I think you're right. Viaje has more rarity than the L40. What gets me how there are vendors out there that can jack up the price to double what the MSRP on the L 40 is while the Viaje stays pretty true to its original price.

But them everyone slams Farkus for his business practices. I would day the L-40 is harder to obtain than most think. Especially at a fair price. This Yaffe is a lot closer than the numbers are showing.

This just in by PM from SKYDIVNEKD

Sent Today, 11:18 PM
Brother,

I've thought about this long and hard and have decided to drop from yer pass. It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the earlier follies! It has everything to do with having just bought a house and am painting the entire inside, by myself, and then moving our stuff in. I have also taken on a new job, and between the two, I am too busy to worry about not screwing up a pass. My apologies!

I do want to send you a few cigars for the troops, as long as that's ok. Again, please don't look at this in a negative way. I think your pass is going well, I just haven't had time to participate.

Feel free to post this, in the thread, if you'd like. Hopefully, once we settle in, I'll be able to participate a bit more. CP is my original home and I'd like to get back to hanging around.

Thanks for your understanding.

Floyd T.

PM's sent to ensure transfer from Jeff to Brickhouse and that Wyatt is ready to receive early.

I'm ready and willing.

Sorry, I have been busy this week and lost track of where I was in the pass.  I'll get caught up on the pass today.

But regardless, I'm ready to receive.

personal User said:
This just in by PM from SKYDIVNEKD

Best of luck with everything Floyd!

Sent Today, 11:18 PM
Brother,

I've thought about this long and hard and have decided to drop from yer pass. It has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the earlier follies! It has everything to do with having just bought a house and am painting the entire inside, by myself, and then moving our stuff in. I have also taken on a new job, and between the two, I am too busy to worry about not screwing up a pass. My apologies!

I do want to send you a few cigars for the troops, as long as that's ok. Again, please don't look at this in a negative way. I think your pass is going well, I just haven't had time to participate.

Feel free to post this, in the thread, if you'd like. Hopefully, once we settle in, I'll be able to participate a bit more. CP is my original home and I'd like to get back to hanging around.

Thanks for your understanding.

Floyd T.

Pass landed last night.  I opened it this morning and all looks good.  I will get some P/Ts up this weekend for discussion.

Sorry guys, life and work got in the way this weekend and I didn't have a chance to look at anything.

Here is my first round.  Let me know what you think.

P: Nestor Miranda 70th Anniversary (Dominican Republic) Lancero
T: Tatuaje 10th Cazadorez

P: Tatuaje Black Lancero (Hurricane Sandy Edition)
T: Headly Drumstick

P: Angelenos Lancero
T: Tesa Picadura King Habano

P: Opus #4
T: Coronado Lancero

I also noticed that the Herrera Esteli has some damage.  There is a crack in the wrapper that is about 1/3 the length of the cigar, then another small crack int he wrapper at about the 2/3 mark.  Probably not in a smokeable condition.  What should we do with it?

2K6TBSS said:
Sorry guys, life and work got in the way this weekend and I didn't have a chance to look at anything.
No problem, life comes at us that way at times.

2K6TBSS said:
I also noticed that the Herrera Esteli has some damage.
I will remove the Herrara Esteli from the pass list.  If you can, try to salvage part of it as a freebie short smoke and if not, just toss it.

we will be able to look at and discuss your puts/takes tomorrow.

2K6TBSS said:

Here is my first round.  Let me know what you think.

P: Nestor Miranda 70th Anniversary (Dominican Republic) Lancero....$14.08 (both the DR & Nicaraguan in same box, any price difference?) 
T: Tatuaje 10th Cazadorezs...$9.00

P: Tatuaje Black Lancero (Hurricane Sandy Edition)....$10.00 (from Ruben) 
T: Headley Grange Drumstick....$9.40

P: God of Fire Angelenos Lancero....$10.72
T: Tesa Picadura King Habano (5 1/2x48?)...$5.38

P: Opus X #4...From $8.75 to $17.95 (Go Fish!)
T: LFD Coronado Lancero....$7.71

I also noticed that the Herrera Esteli has some damage.  There is a crack in the wrapper that is about 1/3 the length of the cigar, then another small crack int he wrapper at about the 2/3 mark.  Probably not in a smokeable condition.  What should we do with it?

the Tesa is 5 x 44   at $5.00, and that is a solid price since there is only one source.

I was only able to find the Opus X at $8.75 at Famous, and they had no stock. I don't how much weight should be assigned to an out of stock price that is out of range, but I would think not much. Most places value the Opus considerably higher.

I also could not find the Nestor Miranda 70th anywhere at a price below $14.

Although I couldn't find the Tatuaje Black Lancero (Hurricane Sandy Edition) in stock, the price given by Gary seems reasonable, along with the Headley Grange price.

Initially, the Tat/Headley Grange appears to be a viable put/take.

I have limited knowledge on how these things are done, but without information to the contrary the other put/takes do not seem to be within a reasonable range for the pass.

Jeff, on the put/takes other than Tat/Headley Grange what sort of input do you have in terms of values and how did you arrive at values for these puts/takes? Would you like to consider withdrawing these and have other puts/takes you might want?

Any input from others? I will readily grant that I have extremely limited background on this and believe it would be in the best interest of the pass participants and the community if there was additional input from others on this.

ETA - I would like to thank Gary for his time and consideration of researching and posting the numbers he came up with for the puts/takes. Appreciate it very much, it confirmed what I was coming up with (although never really came up with anything on the Hurricane Sandy that I could feel comfortable with)

personal User said:
I was only able to find the Opus X at $8.75 at Famous, and they had no stock. I don't how much weight should be assigned to an out of stock price that is out of range, but I would think not much. Most places value the Opus considerably higher.

You will have a hard time find a valid price on these from most online vendors.  Those that have them jack the price way up, and those out of stock are so because they sell them at a reasonable price.    For what it's worth, I can find these locally often and they are usually in the $10.50-$11 range.   

Moki's Opus msrp page has these at $9.75.  I know that list is a bit dated, but at most you're probably looking at $1 increase in msrp since his list was created...at least that's my thoughts.  Others may, and probably will, disagree.

Bsneed51 said:

You will have a hard time find a valid price on these from most online vendors.  Those that have them jack the price way up, and those out of stock are so because they sell them at a reasonable price.    For what it's worth, I can find these locally often and they are usually in the $10.50-$11 range.   

Moki's Opus msrp page has these at $9.75.  I know that list is a bit dated, but at most you're probably looking at $1 increase in msrp since his list was created...at least that's my thoughts.  Others may, and probably will, disagree.

For cases like this I use Moki's list and add a $1 or so as you stated.  Even though around the web and in local B&Ms prices will vary greatly, I think in this situation we should go with what Moki has listed.