• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money Pass - below 50 RG only- Completed.

I too enjoy getting all Parks and Rec on it! Nice reference BTW.

Joebunaga said:
I too enjoy getting all Parks and Rec on it! Nice reference BTW.
Lol, yea I just saw the last episode where she had three charts mapped out on trying to prioritize what topics to talk about on her next phone call with Ann!  That was crazy!

Bsneed51 said:

Barry, I am ready to receive whenever, no hurry. Friday shipping is good.

I will work on my puts and takes tonight.

Pitchers and catchers already reported...so hurry up!
Is it bad I just now noticed this?  :sign:
At least Gary did not include a link...
Why? Why would you even say that?

If I was a betting man, I'd put money on this not ending well. :laugh:

Ok fellas, since I come from a Commonwealth with low "sin" taxes, and currently live in a State with low ones as well, where do you go for the "Cost comparison" by which you are making your decisions?  I smoke 'em, not price 'em, and if I'm giving one to ya to smoke, I don't care what it costs.  So, please give me guidance so I don't jack up this pass.  Shit, half the stix y'all are talking about I ain't ever seen or heard of.  Must be getting a bit to set in my ways!!  Thanks.

Floyd T.

There are several choices to choose from. Google cigars and you will get Holts, Emerson's, serious Cigars, and that is just to name a few. When comparing try to get several prices and average them. If not, then make sure you price from the same sight. There is a ton of information in other old passes. Get to researching.

When I am comparing cigar values for puts/takes on normal everyday cigars, I want to get within a few pennies of each other. If I can't get that close, I strive for no more than a $.20 difference on an $8.00 cigar. That is what I am comfortable with in a pass of everyday/non premium cigars.

I orginally figured the Guapos 46 at $7.76 and the GC4 at $7.80, which would have been a good trade. Thanks to Barry's due diligence, we saw the signifigant price difference between the two cigars, which in my book made the trade unacceptable. I understand what you all are saying about going ahead with the trade, but I don't feel comfortable with it, so I am just going to do the other 3 trades.

Floyd....I use Serious Cigars, Famous Smoke and Cigars International for pricing. They usually have most of the pricing I need.

Edit to add the comment to Floyd.

Cultured Hick mentioned to me that we might meet up for a hand off of the pass this coming weekend. I'm up for it if he's still up for it and its OK with the rest of the pass members. I believe the idea would be for a Saturday hand off, but I'm not sure we could do it early enough to drop it back in the mail that day. More likely it would fly Monday(provided Alan's P\Ts are good as well as mine). Thoughts?

When price comparing, there seems to be roughly 3 vendor categories when talking the higher end sticks. Like I said...roughly 3! :laugh: When doing price comparisons, check 5-6 sites and you'll see how they slot into these categories based on their final selling price. One day sales, closeouts, and the like have to be eliminated...if you don't, that opens up another can of worms like in CC. 

Keep in mind, this is a loose standard and prices are based on availability and the vendor's buying power. Also, there has been a standard that box pricing is used, not 5 or 10 pack pricing.

1) MSRP guys...Smoke Inn (50/50), New Havana (douche)

2) Discounters...Holts, Emerson's, Corona, Famous

3) Deep discounters...Federal, Serious, Atlantic, CI

As we all know, pricing policies are different for each brand. Like Padron & Davidoff...those companies put strict guidelines out on discounting their products and come down on vendors that try to discount them 'publicly'. But if you check with each of these online vendors and a few more, you will see a pattern of pricing start to emerge.

Tat Guapos 46

Famous...$166.99
Corona...$166.00
New Havana...$185.00
Holt's...$165.95
Smoke Inn...$164.95
Federal...$152.00
CI...$166.00
Bonita's...$166.50
Serious...$150.95 
Atlantic (Club Pricing)...$113.95

As you can see, with the above vendor classifications aside, the prices are very similar except the Atlantic Club Pricing. So, throw out the top & bottom price and add the three middle prices together and divide by 60 (20 per box) to get an average price of the cigar.

While some guys may think this is "work" and "not fun", I was always under the impression it was just the right thing to do...AND fun, informative, and educational at the same time. This is how I was taught how to do it here.  :thumbs:

CulturedHick said:

At least Gary did include a link...   <-----fix't!

Joebunaga said:
Cultured Hick mentioned to me that we might meet up for a hand off of the pass this coming weekend. I'm up for it if he's still up for it and its OK with the rest of the pass members. I believe the idea would be for a Saturday hand off, but I'm not sure we could do it early enough to drop it back in the mail that day. More likely it would fly Monday(provided Alan's P\Ts are good as well as mine). Thoughts?

Are you certain that's what he was referring too!?

----------------------

Oh...and as for the pricing issues - MSRP is what we go by.

Personally, if I get something under MSRP...I use that pricing when deciding what to take - and if I overpaid...then I use MSRP pricing.

Any chance we can update the first post with the pass list and order of pass?  Would hate to keep having to find page 5 to check this...I am lazy!
Thanks

modo22 said:
Any chance we can update the first post with the pass list and order of pass?  Would hate to keep having to find page 5 to check this...I am lazy!
Thanks
Done.

grateful1 said:

Are you certain that's what he was referring too!?

I'm pretty sure he said "HAND OFF", besides it ain't Christmas or nothin...

The pass arrived safely and is in great shape. If no one has any objections, Joebunaga and I will meet Sat. to hand off the pass and enjoy a cigar or two. 

ironpeddler said:
....New Havana (douche)...

Excellent post, Gary... but this part made me laugh pretty hard.  Levity aside, I learned to use three vendors and average.  I like your more in depth method better. 

grateful1 said:

At least Gary did include a link...   <-----fix't!

For once I'm happy I clicked on a Gary link...

Thanks for the input.  Once it gets closer, I'll start trying to get my chit together.  Keep up the good work, fellas.

Floyd T.

I will post P/Ts tonight.

***Edited for fail***

I went through about 20 potential P/Ts last night and came up mostly empty. Unfortunately that's all I had time for, but I will give it a second go tonight and post a list as soon as possible. My goal is to get my P/Ts in, ok'd and get the mail out on Monday.

Sorry about the wait.

T: La Palina El Diario Kill Bill II
P: Quesada Kaiser Ludwig

T: Partagas Super Partagas MJR MAR13
P: H Upmann 1/2 Corona SAB MAY13

T: Headley Grange Hermosa
P: Illusione 888