• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

SensorPush hygrometer/thermometer

acmech13

I bought myself a new hygrometer after accidentally breaking a Caliber IV. This SensorPush thermometer/hygrometer seemed to have good reviews on Amazon. I was watching it for about a month and decided to pull the trigger. It arrived and had no instructions, on the box it tells you to download the app from the app store. I downloaded the app and set up was very easy from there. This unit is really small and takes up very little space. Once I started to use the app I set up temp/ humidity parameters and for it to send me alerts if I ever hit my hi or low setpoints. It took a long time for it to equalize in my Prometheus humidor. I decided after it equalized that I wanted to do a Bovida calibration test. It took two days for it to get to 75%. Then I decided to put it into my Diamond Crown The Drake 160 count. This humidor is full with about 100 sticks in there. I am thinking of picking up another one since I have two humidors. Anyone else using a SensorPush? Currently this only connects through Bluetooth, and they are working on a wifi update for it. I'm ok with it connecting through Bluetooth. This sensor supposedly holds 20 days of data at a time. So far I am happy with it and hope it turns out to be a great purchase that provides me with years of service.IMG_8569.JPGIMG_8570.JPG

Interesting devise. I might give it a try for monitoring my coolidors that I keep in the basement.

Great for desktop because of it's size. I'll look for the knockoff. ;)

Weren't you looking for a hygrometer for your wineador a little while back?

Not me. I don't have a wineador, although I'll be bringing home my work refrigerator that I may convert into one. Right now I have my main end table humidor and one coolidor, both are pretty much packed with boxes.

Right now I have my main end table humidor
The thread was about a wineador set up from someone else. That's where I got confused. You had asked if his hygrometer was attached to the glass or drawer. you were looking for one that stuck to glass. Must have been the end table, sorry bout that.

edit: added detail.

This hydrometer is great for monitoring and has charts that break down hour, day, week, month, and year. I have it a week and love it. I moved it around and it is in my Prometheus humidor at the moment. I might just order another one of these. I should have one in each of my humidors. Unfortunately right now my Diamond Crown is about to be mailed back to be replaced under warranty. This places all those smokes into a tupperware with lots of cedar sheets and a box of jr ultimate's principals for added cedar in a tupperware. Hopefully, the warranty exchange doesn't take long.

Great for desktop because of it's size. I'll look for the knockoff. ;)
I'm sure a knockoff is coming it is just a matter of time before Samsung or some Chinese manufacturer will sell for half the cost. I wouldn't be surprised if the cost of this unit drops when they come out with the new units that will connect to wifi.

I'm sure a knockoff is coming it is just a matter of time before Samsung or some Chinese manufacturer will sell for half the cost. I wouldn't be surprised if the cost of this unit drops when they come out with the new units that will connect to wifi.
The old digital hygrometer that used to cost $10 to $20 are now a buck from China. According to bigclive, they work fine and have two batteries installed for double the life?

Would you trust the dollar hygrometer with your favorite smokes?
Absolutely! They are identical components to the ones I have. These are low amp devices that do not suffer degradation due to under engineering. When Clive tested them they performed as well as any plus they had two batteries! Welcome to the wonderful world of modern semiconductors!

I'll buy that for a dollar ;)
Here is BigClive splainin' how they work. You can buy 10 and you'll likely get at least half to be accurate. No different than many that cost $10-$20 bucks each. You simply note the accuracy after the salt test and you're good.

image.png image.png
I'll buy that for a dollar ;)
Here is BigClive splainin' how they work. You can buy 10 and you'll likely get at least half to be accurate. No different than many that cost $10-$20 bucks each. You simply note the accuracy after the salt test and you're good.
I do respect that you feel this way, yet I am a gadget geek. I also am in the climate control industry so tools like this are worth the extra money. I like that it keeps track and graphs temps and humidity. I only need to check it when I want to. The sensor push will also alert me if my temps are too high or humidity is too low or hi. This is something the cheap hygrometers don't do.

Last edited:
View attachment 13731 View attachment 13730
I do respect that you feel this way, yet I am a gadget geek. I also am in the climate control industry so tools like this are worth the extra money. I like that it keeps track and graphs temps and humidity. I only need to check it when I want to. The sensor push will also alert me if my temps are too high or humidity is too low or hi. This is something the cheap hygrometers don't do.
I'd likely switch to something like that if I had a cabinet storing more than a couple hundred smokes. Since I have 3 desktops and a large Tupperware. I'm good.

I'm setting up a coolidor and will be buying two more. One for my Diamond Crown and one for the coolidor. I can monitor everything without opening any box up unless I'm getting a smoke out. It gets dry in here in the winter months.

Oh, I totally understand and also see the extra benefit of wireless hygros. You can monitor your gars from anywhere there is web access! Also, you don't need to open a storage unit that has no windows to know the RH and temp. I imagine there are also full service units that do it all wireless- adjust humidity level and regulate temp.
Even smoke the cigars and post a review!:)

I can do all that for you, if you need. You just supply the cigars and I'll take care of the smokes. My fees are a cigar a day.

I like the warning even though this humidity spike I did by moving it to my coolerdor.
IMG_8813.jpg

Last edited:
Still happy with this? I've been on the fence and trying to figure out whether or not to pull the trigger. Sorry if
I missed it in here somewhere, but this device allows you to monitor from anywhere on your phone, and not just when you are in range in the house?