• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Seven Day Bone Broth Cleanse~

I'm on Day Three. ?

Even with daily cardio & a strict diet, it just wasn't getting done. So I decided more drastic measures were in order if I'm ever going to get my weight down.

I'll be doing this one week per month either from now on or until I reach my target. Basically it's two 16 oz servings of Osso Good bone broth per day---sometimes as a meal replacement, sometimes as a meal base---and no sugar, grain, carbs, dairy or alcohol. No oils except EVOO and ghee. Lots of veggies & clean protein.

No dairy is actually worse than no alcohol, but it's only for a week. ?

Today's menu:

B: Sunny side up egg on zucchini noodles, 16 oz. Osso Good Bison bone broth
S: Mandarin orange & 100-cal Kind bar
L: Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer, Merlot Beef, 180 cals
D: Pesto shrimp, krab & tofu over zucchini noodles in Osso Good's Super Green Paleo bone broth

Four more days to go. ?

~Boar

Day Four & I'm starting to get the hang of cooking this stuff:

B: One egg spinach omelette (twice folded; no cheese) with avocado & blackberries; 16 oz. Osso Good Signature bone broth
S: Banana, 100-cal Kind bar
L: Caldo---chicken breast, tomatoes, jalapenos & avocado in Osso Good Chicken bone broth. This was pretty spectacular & the most filling meal all week so far.
D: Italian sausage, zucchini & tomatoes in a mushroom broth reduction---I had a little left over from a mushroom stew I made for lunch on Monday.

I cooked extra for dinner; the leftovers will get Signature bone broth added to make Minestrone for lunch tomorrow. The menu plans in Osso Good's cookbook do a lot of that & it saves me having to make TWO meals every night.

Caldo!

~Boar

So you bone her where? In a tub full of broth?

Kinky! ;)

Welp. Stage ..... 3? .... 4?

I've lost track. 🙄

So last year saw me going at it with cardio, and the bone broth routine in THIS thread, and .... hit, miss, up, down. My left ankle & right knee started to REALLY hurt from the cardio, so I took a two week break .... that was three months ago .... 😂

Here's the deal: I have ONE New Year's Resolution---this year, I am going to lose 100 pounds. Whatever. It. Takes.

Since having my thyroid out twenty years ago, I've gained an average of 5 lbs a year. There's been some ups 'n downs, some successes 'n failures, but at the end of the day, it's averaged out to 5 lbs a year. I've reduced portions. Cut calories. Cut carbs. ELIMINATED sugar. Reduced dairy. Lived on spinach omelettes, bone broth, salmon & asparagus.

And still, 5 lbs a year.

I realized I've been THINKING about it all wrong. I've looked at the food on my plate in relation to how I used to eat & thought "I should absolutely be losing weight!" instead of looking at my intake in relation to my GOAL & doing whatever it took. So that's the new plan: Whatever. It. Takes.

8b60c98a9177e55c85c346816d467cbf.gif

I'm going to a 5-2 diet plan based on this stuff right here:

It's basically a high protein version of the cabbage soup diet's recipe:

3 sweet onions
*Many* cloves of garlic 😁
Head of celery
3 bell peppers
2# baby carrots
Head of cabbage
20 oz crushed tomatoes
48 oz bone broth (beef)
2 pkts French onion soup seasoning

Rough chop, simmer, season to taste.

And it works out to about 50 calories per bowl. So, Sunday dinner through Friday lunch, that's what I eat. Limited dairy, no carbs, no grain, no sugar, no alcohol. Friday night through Sunday morning, I don't go CRAZY, but I add a healthy carb or two, allow myself a few drinks, maybe even a small dessert.

And I keep at it till I get there. Down 10 lbs after Week One already!

~Boar

Welp. Stage ..... 3? .... 4?

I've lost track. 🙄

So last year saw me going at it with cardio, and the bone broth routine in THIS thread, and .... hit, miss, up, down. My left ankle & right knee started to REALLY hurt from the cardio, so I took a two week break .... that was three months ago .... 😂

Here's the deal: I have ONE New Year's Resolution---this year, I am going to lose 100 pounds. Whatever. It. Takes.

Since having my thyroid out twenty years ago, I've gained an average of 5 lbs a year. There's been some ups 'n downs, some successes 'n failures, but at the end of the day, it's averaged out to 5 lbs a year. I've reduced portions. Cut calories. Cut carbs. ELIMINATED sugar. Reduced dairy. Lived on spinach omelettes, bone broth, salmon & asparagus.

And still, 5 lbs a year.

I realized I've been THINKING about it all wrong. I've looked at the food on my plate in relation to how I used to eat & thought "I should absolutely be losing weight!" instead of looking at my intake in relation to my GOAL & doing whatever it took. So that's the new plan: Whatever. It. Takes.

8b60c98a9177e55c85c346816d467cbf.gif

I'm going to a 5-2 diet plan based on this stuff right here:

View attachment 29313

It's basically a high protein version of the cabbage soup diet's recipe:

3 sweet onions
*Many* cloves of garlic 😁
Head of celery
3 bell peppers
2# baby carrots
Head of cabbage
20 oz crushed tomatoes
48 oz bone broth (beef)
2 pkts French onion soup seasoning

Rough chop, simmer, season to taste.

And it works out to about 50 calories per bowl. So, Sunday dinner through Friday lunch, that's what I eat. Limited dairy, no carbs, no grain, no sugar, no alcohol. Friday night through Sunday morning, I don't go CRAZY, but I add a healthy carb or two, allow myself a few drinks, maybe even a small dessert.

And I keep at it till I get there. Down 10 lbs after Week One already!

~Boar
Atta boy!

Great progress so far. I was going to say, "I thought I saw this from you, already!". Then, I noticed the date of the thread. Keep at it. It's definitely going to be a challenge with the "no thyroid" thing. :p But, you already know that. Dumb question: Are you keeping track of daily caloric intake vs. expenditure, or just reducing your normal food intake and hoping for the best? What are you doing for cardio? As someone with physical challenges, I've yo-yo'd in weight, myself. I'm currently having to lose some weight, ASAP. Have you tried a handbike (upper body ergometer)? That's pretty much what I'm limited to, and it's zero-impact on the lower body. Stair climbers are also pretty low impact, and one of the best calorie burners, as far as machines go. Ellipticals are murder on lower back, hips, and knees unless you fit them just right. Have you ever considered hot yoga?

What kind of guidance are you using as far as dieting goes? What are you basing your "new" daily habits on?

I'm shooting for 1000 calories or less per day on the 5 day part of the cycle, Kann. Without resorting to charts & a gram scale, I'd guesstimate I'm actually hitting around 8-900. I can (and will!) drop it further if need be, since the 5 day cap is within safe fasting range.

Morning cardio (exercise bike again, but taken a little easier than last go round) and evening resistance/movement. The AM/PM cycle will help counter my VERY sedentary workday, and I'll hit the iron pile at Planet Fitness for a few hours every Sunday.

Dietary guidelines are a custom blend. 😁

Basically, I'm combining features of the Cabbage Soup Diet, the Bone Broth Cleanse, superfoods, and the South Beach Diet. Target is simple: high nutrition, low carb, moderate healthy fats, ultra low calorie. There's room for tinkering/reductions/substitutions, hence the "Whatever. It. Takes."

I do GREAT on both bone broth & South Beach diets, EXCEPT for weight loss. So the calorie reduction & semi-fast cycle are for that.

~Boar

Sounds like you've got a great plan. Keep at it. BTW, the broth soups actually look really good!

I find myself crossing back over 200 lbs after getting down to 175 a year or so ago. Gotta put the brakes on before I lose it. Good luck to you and to me as well. I've been here before and know I need to make changes ASAP.

I love to see people getting healthy. My wife and I have done a number of things to improve our health - Green Juice for 21 Days (watch Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead), Green Smoothies (still do them today) and eat more of a Paleo life style. My wife and I did go on Keto (watch KenDBerry on YouTube) for about 6 months last in which she lost 67 lbs. I am no health expert but what a positive impact it has made on my wife and I. I still have a few deserts and alcohol - still have to enjoy life just like a good cigar.

Keep up the Great Way of Eating!!