• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

She's finally finished...

CRQuarto

Brrraaaiiinnnsss.....
Over a year after I started building it, I finally finished my rifle. I chose the worst time to decide to build an AR15, starting right when the presidential elections were finishing up, and due to the changing political landscape people were going on a mad buying frenzy for everything gun related. Not only were complete rifles flying off the shelves faster than they could be restocked, everything from parts, reloading equipment, magazines, and ammunition were also going like the world was ending. I managed to finish my lower within a couple of months after scouring every store I could find, and so set my sights on getting my upper. After trying to purchase from a company named AFM, almost six months of a horrible customer experience with them left a sour taste for me in regards to finishing my rifle. I abandoned it for a while to move the funds to other priorities that needed to be addressed at the time. This year, when I got my tax return back (I actually got money!), I decided it was time to finish the rifle. I can't wait for the shooting trip next month that I am going on with a bunch of guys from work...I got them started in building their rifles, and I finished last! Needless to say, they have been giving me a ration of shit for it...now they can shut up. :laugh:

Lower:

Mega 5.56 lower
Magpul CTR stock
Magpul MIAD grip

Upper:

Stag Arms 2HT upper w/Sampson free float rail
ARMS Low Profile Flip-Up BUIS

DSC_2937.jpg

DSC_2941.jpg

DSC_2949.jpg

DSC_2945.jpg

DSC_2944.jpg

Have actually been to the Mega factory up North here and would not hesitate to put my name on their work. Stag is really taking some nice steps in their custom arena and looks to move some people over in a few areas. Of course MagPul is top notch so in my opinion you are well on your way to a great, fun little weapon. Always open chat on anything weapons related.

Very nice! The CTR is a great stock, you won't be disappointed.

Looking good Charles!

I have that same lower + stock configuration on a 6.8. Not a thing I would change on yours.

Are you going to go with any optics, or leave it open sights?

Very nice rifle you have there. Feeding that baby is where it's going to hurt, unless you reload. But good luck finding small rifle primers. They haven't had small pistol primers up here since begining of 2009.

-Montagieu

Very nice rifle you have there. Feeding that baby is where it's going to hurt, unless you reload. But good luck finding small rifle primers. They haven't had small pistol primers up here since begining of 2009.

-Montagieu

Beautiful gun.

If you checkout Widener's reloading, you can find primers from time to time. I have a few extra in both those sizes if you're not able to find any.

She's a beauty Charles!! :love:

I'm starting to get the bug myself. :( :) :( :) :( :laugh:

She's a beauty Charles!! :love:

I'm starting to get the bug myself. :( :) :( :) :( :laugh:

Just do it, can't you like get one at 7/11 in WV anyways?

Haha! Man, I wish CA was like that... :D

Just buy one dude, stop resisting, give in! :laugh:

Reloading equipment is definitely in my future. My girlfriend's dad wants to go in half on the equipment, which will take the sting out of the purchase.

First though, I'm saving up for my next purchase for it, which will be the Adam's Arms piston conversion. I would have purchased a piston upper outright, but I love upgrading stuff myself, and a few grand hurts a lot less to me when it's spread out versus all at once. :(

If you're thinking of adding a red dot, I think MidwayUSA still has an aimpoint 9000 for like 200 and change. Waaaaay below reg. price.

Beautiful rifle.....:thumbs:

I just put an ACOG on my 20" black rifle. I have yet to see a better, brighter scope. With my eyesight, I need all the help I can get.....:laugh:

Congrats - B.B.S.

Yeah, ACOGs are very nice, but I don't paid enough to afford one of those bad boys. Tom, when you upgrade and need to sell that baby, I'm your huckleberry! :laugh:

Nice looking rifle, brother! Even though it's all new and stuff...1946 is where I draw the line!

Very nice rifle. I'm a big fan of PMAGS. Much more reliable than the government shit they issue us. It is a very sharp looking rifle. :thumbs:

Damn, an ACOG would be nice, but $1.2k+ for a riflescope is rough. I bet that thing is bad ass though!
wub.gif
I'll probably end up getting the <A class=bbc_url title="External link" href="http://www.riflegear.com/p-637-eotech-xps3-0.aspx" rel="nofollow external">EOTech XPS3-0
I paid quite a bit less than 1.2K for my TA01....but, it wasn't cheap. Look through one, once, and you'll know.

Yeah, ACOGs are very nice, but I don't paid enough to afford one of those bad boys. Tom, when you upgrade and need to sell that baby, I'm your huckleberry!
laugh.gif
Upgrade....?? An ACOG...??.....
tongue.gif
sign.gif

Very nice rifle. I'm a big fan of PMAGS. Much more reliable than the government shit they issue us. It is a very sharp looking rifle. :thumbs:

Thanks! I agree, the PMAG's are outstanding. I'm curious to see how the EMAG's compare, I'm going to pick up a couple of them soon.

B.B.S., I agree, there isn't much more to upgrade to after an ACOG, aside from a true riflescope. :laugh: You have Jon and I jealous, for sure!

PMAG's are excellent. You can score mags at a very reasonable price from .44Mag dot com. They also have the CProducts mags which aren't bad at all. Lots of the right stuff to choose from.....
thumbs-up.gif

My next build will be some caliber that starts with a "3"....and it'll have a "real" riflescope on it....at least.....
cool.gif

PMAG's are excellent. You can score mags at a very reasonable price from .44Mag dot com. They also have the CProducts mags which aren't bad at all. Lots of the right stuff to choose from.....
thumbs-up.gif

My next build will be some caliber that starts with a "3"....and it'll have a "real" riflescope on it....at least.....
cool.gif

Kick ass. I wish my next rifle could be a Remington 700, but I still need to buy a shotgun, so a Remington 870 will be first. I need to round out the coverage before I expand on the individual lines, ya know? :laugh:

BBS, have you seen the new EMAG's by chance?