• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

She's going to listen to me now!

Glad to hear the Mrs. and the other party involved are both ok John. I'm always after my wife about the same thing.

I'm also very glad your wife is ok, nothing like a car accident to open your eyes. I hope her recovery is quick and complete.

... On the other side of the law, the part I am in most support of, it prohibits teenagers from talking or texting on their cell phone AT ALL while driving. It does not provide a teenager to have a hands-free device, it is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on teenagers using cell phones. If a teenager is seen violating this, it give the Officer the discretion to impound their vehicle.

I agree this is a VERY GOOD THING for this law to go into force. Here is what can happen when someone is driving too fast, on the phone and following a friend.

2459031203_d585101bff_o.jpg

This was my sister's car she was traveling south on the 5fwy coming up to the 91 transition. As some of you may know, its can get packed there and slow down, well. She didn't slow down enough and veered off the FWY and flipped, THEN landed on a truck.

2459031223_ce34c47f6c_o.jpg

My sister was actually perfectly fine (which simply amazes me), as well as the driver and passenger of the truck. I'm not trying to thread jack, but its important to keep younger drivers off the phone and attention on the road. Also, get those hand-free and blue tooth devices. They may still be bad, but they are better than holding the phone to you face and loosing another arm for driving.

EDITED TO ADD: At the time she had maybe 1-2 years of driving under her belt. She was in her late teens, but still had a lack of experience.

If my cell rings when I'm driving I ignore it. If it's important enough then they will leave a message.

Thank goodness everyone involved was ok, albeit some minor bumps and bruises. I will most certainly be emailing my wife this link as she, and about half the US population it seems, need this type of reminder. Our vehicles are not our offices, backyard decks nor any other social gathering spot. Like most of you, I hate when the US Gov't gets involved in our personal lives, but this is one area that prolly needs a little bit more regulation.

Anyway, sorry for preaching....
-Bob

I'm also very glad your wife is ok, nothing like a car accident to open your eyes. I hope her recovery is quick and complete.

... On the other side of the law, the part I am in most support of, it prohibits teenagers from talking or texting on their cell phone AT ALL while driving. It does not provide a teenager to have a hands-free device, it is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy on teenagers using cell phones. If a teenager is seen violating this, it give the Officer the discretion to impound their vehicle.

I agree this is a VERY GOOD THING for this law to go into force. Here is what can happen when someone is driving too fast, on the phone and following a friend.

2459031203_d585101bff_o.jpg

This was my sister's car she was traveling south on the 5fwy coming up to the 91 transition. As some of you may know, its can get packed there and slow down, well. She didn't slow down enough and veered off the FWY and flipped, THEN landed on a truck.

2459031223_ce34c47f6c_o.jpg

My sister was actually perfectly fine (which simply amazes me), as well as the driver and passenger of the truck. I'm not trying to thread jack, but its important to keep younger drivers off the phone and attention on the road. Also, get those hand-free and blue tooth devices. They may still be bad, but they are better than holding the phone to you face and loosing another arm for driving.

EDITED TO ADD: At the time she had maybe 1-2 years of driving under her belt. She was in her late teens, but still had a lack of experience.

Holy COW!!!! :( I rolled a Mustang once one winter morning when exiting the freeway. Long story short, I wasn't paying close enough attention to my diving, hit the curb kind of divider that separated the freeway lane from the off ramp lane, which was covered in snow, and ended up going up the embankment along the exit ramp area and rolled the car over at high speed about three or four times.... Totaled the car, but I walked away with a careless driving ticket and no injuries but a few scrapes from the flying broken glass. People, PAY ATTENTION to the task at hand when behind the wheel. That does NOT include talking on the phone, or anything else but driving SAFELY. :cool:

Wow John, I am glad that she is alright! It is a very scary thing indeed. I continually have to remind my wife not to drive and talk on a cell phone unless she is using her hands free. I think I will have her read your post, and hope some good comes of it.

Best wishes for your family brother!

Bill

July 1, 2008 is the effective date for the new law in CA.

I just filed charges on a kid who was texting, took a turn way to fast and smashed 5 parked cars plus his Dodge Ram truck. Lied to the insurance comapny about it at first then fessed up.

Glad to hear that everyone is going to be ok.

John, think of it and present it as a Karmic wake up call (no pun intended). This one was a cheap lesson since all you lost was the Eddie Bauer. I like the cognitive load explanation. There are far too many lesser drivers on the road to surrender any attention to it.

Brother, am extremely glad (for you both) to know she wasn't seriously injured in that. Could have been a hell of a lot worse, to be sure. Chalk it up to a lesson learned the hard way and be thankful.

Stay safe.

Sorry to hear about this, but glad that she is well. I hate cell phones period they have taken over our lives.

Thanks for all of the warm thoughts, and input guys. Donella is pretty sore today, and I think the time off, sitting home recovering has given her time to reflect on what could have been. She would not even call me on my way home, for fear of me getting in an accident. I think her incident has really had an impact..............Let's hope it last. :thumbs:

I am now not going to use hands free or hands on while driving, after what I have read here thanks Wilkey and everyone else that had info to share.
If you call me and I don't answer, I'll get back to you ASAP! honest :laugh:

edit: buzzed nonsense made no sense