• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shipping coolerador question

AztecKing

I'm moving from Minnesota to Virginia at the end of the month and I want to make sure the movers aren't going to wreck my collection in my coolerador. Any ideas besides mailing them to all of you?

Jeff

Take them with you in your vehicle. I am assuming that you are driving at least one vehicle to Virginia. I wouldn't trust them with the movers , unless you pack the cooler within a box with shipping peanuts.

YMMV

Like Tony said..... Take it with you if you are driving at all....

If you have to send it with anybody other than yourself.... I would put all of the cigars in baggies.... and then fill the entire cooler with those styrofoam peanuts.... use the styrofoam because that will not absorb too much of your humidity.

Good advice. Cloud. When I made the big move in 2004, I kept the tupperdors with me. Especially so because the movers were avid, though not high end, cigar smokers.

I would also add that once you ziploc them, wrap the baggies in foil to further retard drying.

AztecKing said:
I'm moving from Minnesota to Virginia at the end of the month and I want to make sure the movers aren't going to wreck my collection in my coolerador. Any ideas besides mailing them to all of you?

Jeff
[snapback]274928[/snapback]​

You could just mail them to one of us. And me being the great guy that I am...(you know the rest) :sign:

I moved all mine myself, 2 - humidors, 1 - 100 qt coolerdor and a small fridgedor. I had to move them to my mother-in-law's for 3 days to keep them from being loaded on the mover's truck.

Luckily I only moved 5 miles up the road. :p

Having moved 5 times in the past 10 years, gotta love my job, anything you truly care for, move yourself!! Movers, even the best, will fold, spindle, or mutilate something along the way!!

Pack the stuff that you can't afford to lose, cigars, kids birth certificates, your wife's favorite recipes in the vehicles your driving. Not enough room? Rent a (insert brand name here) trailor.

One other tip - take photos or movies of EVERYTHING before you move, will save you an amazing amount of time if you have a claim! You can show a picture of the table with 4 legs that showed up with 3!!

Seriously, a digital camera/video with a date time stamp is hard to argue with, and those claims adjusters can argue well.

Good luck on the move!!

Thanks for the advice and I'm convinced now that I will take them with me and not let the movers mess it up.

bthompson2875- We are moving to Sandy Hook which is about 25 miles west of Richmond, just off highway 64.

Jeff