• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shipping to the desert

joxxy

This is kind of an offshoot of ShadMan's thread about shipping cigars. I just moved to Arizona, and about ready to start stocking up again. Used to live on east coast.

Question is, has anyone had problems because of their cigars sitting in the back of a truck all day? I would assume it's not a problem, since the local stores get their stuff the same way. But better to ask.

Any other thoughts, suggestions from desert dwellers?

joxxy

Prob depends as much on what you're ordering than anything else.

If its domestics buy from a local retailer. If you have to mailorder, order them in cooler weather or pay for express shipping. In the end, its ultimately your choice as to how much money you're willing to pay for shipping....... how much you want to gamble is up to you.

Utah's not Arizona (not by a long shot) but we still get pretty hot in the summer. FWIW, I've never had any trouble with damaged sticks.

I still make it a practice to leave 'em in the coolerdor for a couple of weeks before smoking. (Yeah, right! Well, most of 'em anyway. :sign: ) But I do that during the rest of the year as well.

joxxy said:
This is kind of an offshoot of ShadMan's thread about shipping cigars. I just moved to Arizona, and about ready to start stocking up again. Used to live on east coast.

Question is, has anyone had problems because of their cigars sitting in the back of a truck all day? I would assume it's not a problem, since the local stores get their stuff the same way. But better to ask.

Any other thoughts, suggestions from desert dwellers?

joxxy
Until recently, I lived in Tucson for six years....

My advice...for the most part, avoid ordering cigars from May through September, buy locally when you can.

When possible, order from suppliers that offer the Fuente Humdi-pak bags like these:

HumidiPaks

Some suppliers will pack 'em to ship.