• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Shit! My Xikar broke.....

I would think about buying a Swiss Army Knife cigar cutter. Yes they are bulky and heavy, but they have the best cut of any cigar cutter out there in my opinion. My original I got in 1998 has cut over 10,000 cigars and the blades are still sharp as a mother.

I have heard very good things about the Palio from people whose opinions I value.

Got my palio in over the weekend. Wow what a nice cutter. I went for the burl wood version and it looks awesome. Most definetly on par with the Xikar, and are as good as everyone says.

To the OP, Mine did the same thing... I picked it up and super-glued it back together, still works like a charm 3 years later.

So after reading this thread last month I decided to send off the two Xikar cutter I had that were broken. Tossed them both in a padded envelope with my name on it and off they went. Looked in the mail today, almost two weeks later, and I find a padded envelope with two brand new cutters in it. Very Cool! No fuss, no muss! Just wanted to give Xikar kudos for their great customer service.

:thumbs: ...two thumbs way up!

....Gary

Its great when you know a product is stood behind like this. I dont have this much confidence in warranties very often, so it is very nice to receive this level of customer service.

BTW my Xikar and Palio I should be set for life now.

I've used and abused my first generation Palio cutter for 4-5 years now - it's been dropped, kicked, washed, spilled on, tossed and lost dozens of times. Still works like a champ. A few times a year I've soaked it in an Isopropyl alcohol bath or run it through a wash cycle with the dishes.

I've owned two Xikars - damn things pinched instead of cut after just a short time. I gave them to new smokers before I had the displeasure of experiencing a lifetime warranty call.

My question : Has anyone owned a Xikar that has seen regular use over 4+ years that hasn't needed to be returned for a repair or sharpening? :whistling:

I personally don't have a problem with an envelope, a couple stamps and five minutes of my time every couple years to send them in and have them sharpened. I just appreciate good customer service and will always let others know when I receive it. But that's just me. :cool:

I've used and abused my first generation Palio cutter for 4-5 years now - it's been dropped, kicked, washed, spilled on, tossed and lost dozens of times. Still works like a champ. A few times a year I've soaked it in an Isopropyl alcohol bath or run it through a wash cycle with the dishes.

I've owned two Xikars - damn things pinched instead of cut after just a short time. I gave them to new smokers before I had the displeasure of experiencing a lifetime warranty call.

My question : Has anyone owned a Xikar that has seen regular use over 4+ years that hasn't needed to be returned for a repair or sharpening? :whistling:
I have to tell you I got an Xikar when they first came out...however long ago that is...and it still cuts like a champ. I have 4 of them stashed in different locations and the one I use the most...the original...is fine. I've dropped it, kicked it, washed it, dropped it on the lawn after a BBQ and the sprinklers drenched it for days...you name it, I've done it to it.

Go figure.

Back