• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Short Story

Double D

alphabetically challenged
Short story by Fuente

Size: 4 1/4 x 49
Cigar Shape: Figurado

Binder: Dominican Republic
Filler: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Cameroon
Cigar Rating: 91

This cigar was a gift from Opus XKC.
Wrapper: perfect no imperfections beautifully done and seamless.
Construction: Firm and slightly oily
Burn: Perfect no running and great draw.

I smoked this one while shoveling snow in a snowstorm over here you get fined if you do not clean it up quick. Went out side and lit up the cherry slowly spread bring great aromas and an awesome draw with a bit of spice. My intention was to review this myself but some thing interesting happened so I will give my review from a third party non cigar smoker

. My neighbor was shoveling as well and as I puffed he was sniffing told me what is that it smells like Christmas. I asked him what do you mean he said well I can smell walnuts and cinnamon and nutmeg. So I puffed along as he helped me shovel sniffing he looked up and said the ash is pretty again I asked what do you mean he said it is white like the snow and hasn’t fallen off even though it is more than half smoked and it is shaped like a bottle. I smiled already planning to use his observations for my promised review enjoying the spiciness of this cigar but really enjoying the fact that a non smoker was enjoying it as much as me.

We finished up and he stood there and chatted with me sniffing until I was finished smoking and commented that cigars normally made him sick. With that in mind I went inside and retrieved my last short story and gave it to him and said well since you like this one so much give it a try did not ask him to review it because he already had. The word is still out on whether or not he is converted but we will see. Overall I loved this cigar and would buy a box if I had the spare cash but the fact that someone who doesn’t like cigars enjoyed it is even more pleasing. Thank you Tony for the chance to try this cigar and perhaps creating a new BOTL in my neighbor.

. My neighbor was shoveling as well and as I puffed he was sniffing told me what is that it smells like Christmas
Great review. I love your neighbor's reaction to this cigar. Nothing like getting praise from a non-cigar person for the stick you are enjoying.

Good move on letting him have your last SS, that was very generous of you. By the way, glad to hear that you enjoyed these smokes. Happy to be of service :cool:

Excellent review. I have a 5 pack that I purchased as a Christmas present for myself that's aging inside my humidor right now. I will have to give one a try soon.

I smoked my first Short Story in - 6°c weather and think the cold robbed the flavor from the cigar. Need to trade for another to see what they really taste like.

*edit* And Bill... you really don't need to age them that long, Fuente cigars are for the most part Good to Go when you buy them.

I love these cigars. The SS was my first real premium I had at age 18. And I've been smoking them ever since. The fact that your neighbor appreciated the aroma is awesome and your willingness to give him your last one is awesome!
PM sent.

Wurm said:
I smoked my first Short Story in - 6°c weather and think the cold robbed the flavor from the cigar. Need to trade for another to see what they really taste like.

*edit* And Bill... you really don't need to age them that long, Fuente cigars are for the most part Good to Go when you buy them.
[snapback]271748[/snapback]​

I was wondering about the aging of the Arturo Fuente cigars because I bought some AF 858 Maduros about 3 weeks ago for myself for Christmas and I have them aging in my humidor. As you know, I also have 5 of the AF Short Stories. I was debating whether or not to smoke any of the AF 858's and the AF Short Stories? I've read that these particular cigars get better flavor and taste when they have a few months of age on them. I don't really know how true this is because I've purchased and smoked some of the Arturo Fuente Chateau Maduros and Sun Growns right out of the box before without aging them and they tasted good. I am not sure which Arturo Fuentes to age and which to not age and smoke right away. This question has been puzzling me as well for other cigar brands that I currently have sitting inside my humidors for the last 1 year that have been untouched and not smoked yet.

Bill Clinton said:
Wurm said:

[snapback]271748[/snapback]​

I was wondering about the aging of the Arturo Fuente cigars because I bought some AF 858 Maduros about 3 weeks ago for myself for Christmas and I have them aging in my humidor. As you know, I also have 5 of the AF Short Stories. I was debating whether or not to smoke any of the AF 858's and the AF Short Stories? I've read that these particular cigars get better flavor and taste when they have a few months of age on them. I don't really know how true this is because I've purchased and smoked some of the Arturo Fuente Chateau Maduros and Sun Growns right out of the box before without aging them and they tasted good. I am not sure which Arturo Fuentes to age and which to not age and smoke right away. This question has been puzzling me as well for other cigar brands that I currently have sitting inside my humidors for the last 1 year that have been untouched and not smoked yet.
[snapback]271945[/snapback]​

One way to really find out whether aging your fuentes has any affect is to try one now, then sample the rest at pre-determined intervals. Keep notes on each particular tasting. In that way you can determine for you own taste what the proper amount of aging is. This can be done for all you cigars.

Could someone point me in the direction of these. I've been wanting to try them for quite a while, but don't know where to order them from.

E

Hillbilly Steaks said:
Could someone point me in the direction of these. I've been wanting to try them for quite a while, but don't know where to order them from.

E
[snapback]272090[/snapback]​

ecigardepot has some in stock

I'm going by my local shop tomorrow to see what I can find. I would love to try some AF Hemingways...

i've been thinking about it for a while and this review just convinced me.

Great read...and I bet it is a great one to enjoy also!

Gordo glad you liked the review im still fairly new at it and im sure you will enjoy the short story.

That's a good story. I always enjoy hearing of BOTL's converting none partakers of the leaf into possible newbies. I think that our hobby is really special. Of course if we converted too many the cigars we so enjoy would become too hard to get lol. Great review though!

Jason

Back