• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Should I buy this monster?

I have had the same one for about five years, and have been happy with it. It's no Aristocrat, but for the money....... No seal issues, etc.

jfields said:
I have had the same one for about five years, and have been happy with it. It's no Aristocrat, but for the money....... No seal issues, etc.

John....did you go with multi-level humidification or just the water cans on one level with a few circulations fans? 

That humidor is made by Quality Importers. I have the Antique Tower and the 5,000 Commercial Unit. Both are excellent, and have a really good seal. I highly suggest installing the Avallo Accumonitor for humidity control. You won't be disappointed. 

Rod said:
That humidor is made by Quality Importers. I have the Antique Tower and the 5,000 Commercial Unit. Both are excellent, and have a really good seal. I highly suggest installing the Avallo Accumonitor for humidity control. You won't be disappointed. 

Can't agree more!

It's no Staebell, but bang for the buck it's hard to argue with.  Rod and Paul are right - in a cabinet that size, active humidification is the only way to go.  Gary, in my Aristocrat the cans are about 1/3 the height up from the bottom, fans in the top, nothing in the bottom.  I get about 2 points difference between the top and bottom but I don't worry about it.  Honestly, with these tall vertical cabinets that may be about the best you can do.  I quit being completely anal about RH some time ago;  A couple points just doesn't mean squat.

Like I said, bang for the buck, it's a good deal.  But, make no mistake, you need to add the cost of a real humidification system to it.  Avallo or Bob at Aristocrat Humidors can take care of that for you.

Also if and when you buy this humidor from them upon checkout they will recommend a Hydra LG humidifier DO NOT BUY THIS HUMIDIFIER! It will NOT humidify that cabinet correctly or at all. Read my review on a humidor I bought from them and got that humidifier link is in my signature line. Go with the Avallo. Yes its expensive but you will love it and will be thanking us later I promise!

Paul

ironpeddler said:

John....did you go with multi-level humidification or just the water cans on one level with a few circulations fans? 
I went with the Cigar Oasis XL placed in the center with a pound of beads divided at top and bottom. Does ok, but requires some tending, especially in the drier winter months.

I've got the if it ain't broke mindset right now, but if I could do it all over again, my money would be on the Avallo.

Interesting, I did not know the reviews on these humidors was as positive as I'm hearing.  Good to know.

Also, great review on the Avallo Rod.

I have the all shelf tower (very similar in design and dimensions) and I love it. I went with the Hydra LG xLarge humidification system and have not had any issues BUT I did make some of the modifications listed above:
1) Removed the green foam in the reservoir and replaced with silicate beads (I used the kitty litter kind because they are really cheap and work great)
2) Purchased two additional fans to circulate air - one in the middle of the unit and one in the top
3) Multiple Hygrometers places strategically at different heights in the unit to measure RH

The unit keeps a fairly constant humidity (+/- 2%) but that is expected based on the size of the unit.

I highly recommend