• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Should Leebo be CP’s official "Leader"?

Should Leebo be the "Leader" in deciding who should be here and who should not?

• Yes. If he says a person is "finished" on CP, then he is!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe. I sometimes agree with Lee’s views so it might be okay.

• Probably not. There should be no official "Leader" here on CP.

• No. I disagree with Leebo on just about every topic.

• I dunno. I have not reached an opinion on this subject.

• No Comment. I ain’t touching this poll.

• Total voters

stevehawk

'Member? C'mon you 'member!
I dunno but it seems to me that Leebo has taken up the mantle of "leader" of deciding who deserves to be a part of this board and who does not.

So, I'm starting this poll to see where the majority stands.

I entered "Probably Not" because, while I often agree with Lee on certain issues, I rarely agree with his methods and his thoughts on how respect is earned on this board. Personally, I feel that respect is earned, not through tenure, but through consistent, meaningful actions and deeds. A good leader leads by example... not by intimidation, coercion, threats or name-calling.

I know I'm putting myself out there (wa-a-a-y-y out there) with this, but I think we need to let the votes decide. If the majority feel that Lee's on track with how he does business here, so be it. I'll STFU and go about my day. If, on the other hand, the votes fall the other way... well... I dunno.

While I agree on lee and the rest of his "followers" on certain things, I would have to think if there was a leader, it would be rod. He's got the final word correct? But as far as if lee says your done, you should just think about why he said it. Maybe those people just don't "get it". I'm with no leader, lol. Sorry lee, I still love ya though! Don't put my head on a fat lady or anything!

Where the hell did this come from? (And yes I saw the SFG thread.)

A few things:

First of all, I wonder who Lee's "followers" are? I'm pretty sure Lee has never asked for followers and I'm damn sure none of his CP BOTL are considering themselves as a Lee Followers, I know I don't.

I dunno but it seems to me that Leebo has taken up the mantle of "leader" of deciding who deserves to be a part of this board and who does not.

As for him taking on the mantle I would say its because he has a vested interest in this place and doesn't want to see it go to $hit. I happen to agree with him. I have been here for over a year and a half and this place has definitely gone through some changes. Some good, some bad. When there is an influx of new people , some of which have a sense of entitlement its up to the people with the vested interest in the site to show them the right way, or show them the way out.

Personally, I feel that respect is earned, not through tenure, but through consistent, meaningful actions and deeds. A good leader leads by example... not by intimidation, coercion, threats or name-calling.

I agree to an extent. A week or two, even a month of 'consistent, meaningful actions and deeds" doesn't mean a damn thing. It is not by tenure alone that someone becomes a respected member on this board. It is through their actions over that tenure. I can think of a couple of people that were here for a long time yet didn't really have the respect of those on this site. But when someone has been here for a year, 2,3 4, and have a proven track record, then perhaps when they call BS on something its not because they are being holier than thou or feel like picking on someone. Maybe they don't want someone coming into their backyard that they've been taking care of for awhile and screwing things up.

Seriously Steve, you've been here for a whole four months and you want to call out someone who has been here for 3 years and been a pretty good member. I for one feel we need people like Lee who aren't afraid to call people on their crap. When I was a newbie I felt secure that the more experienced members took care of stuff. Now when someone who's been here awhile wants to take care of something there's a bus load of new guys taking up arms against the nasty FOG out to rule the world with an iron fist.

For the record this poll is absolutely ridiculous.

Sorry Steve.....

I don't understand the reason for the poll.... No Comment

It sounds like..... your looking to pick a fight over something that has nothng to do with you....

you mean my $35 check didn't get me into Leebo's fanclub?

D@MN! And I soo wanted the decoder ring and t-shirt too.
:laugh:

SSAL, I'll sell ya the decoder ring for an extra 20$

Is this the time to start callin' people assclowns ? ? ???

Another 90 day wonder. I have no doubt that the LC/jingles/dog posse will be weighing in on this... and sfg never saw nonsense he wouldn't spout so he'll show...

I voted for Leebo being King of the World.. mostly because he is my puppet and I pull the strings around here.

Anyway, I'm quite certain that Lee speaks for more people than you do Mr. Shawk so I'm interested in what your minority poll will show. It should be pointed out that you tainted your poll by stating your opinion before anyone voted and have attempted to sway the vote of newbs and others who have no idea what you're talking about by doing so. You and these other guys that have been here for what... nearly 1/2 a year... give or take a couple months, want to bypass all the rites of passage, want to disregard the time in service, want to be thought of as stand up guys, want to say and act and do what you please without ever paying the dues.
I'll say this about you Mr. Shawk, you got balls the size of churchbells to post this crap. You have one strike. LMAO

Rest assured boys, none of the guys that love this place and have been here through thick and thin are going anywhere so get over yourselves.

For the record, when Lee said "you're done here" to sfg it doesn't mean he can't come here anymore... it means he can't post here with impunity, will not be respected by many of us and has no claim to being a stand up guy.

NA

Gotta go for the first one.

The way I see it is, if Lee calls you to the table, you did something to deserve it and when he says your done.....you probably are as far as most of the other guys are concered.

If you dont care for it, you probably had better move on after this.

Who cares about the the "leader" thing -- when do we pick our Den Mother?

The matter of someone being "done" here is by that person's own making, not because anyone has the power to issue such a decree.

Lee simply states the obvious and just in case anyone missed it, let's recap:

Henry DONE
Gamelover2004 DONE
Phil DONE
Shuji DONE
TexasAggie DONE
DaveWF DONE
Servebig DONE
PuroBrat DONE
SFG75 DONE

This "poll" is kinda dumb there Steve....

coventrycat86 said:
The matter of someone being "done" here is by that person's own making, not because anyone has the power to issue such a decree.

Lee simply states the obvious and just in case anyone missed it, let's recap:

Henry DONE
Gamelover2004 DONE
Phil DONE
Shuji DONE
TexasAggie DONE
DaveWF DONE
Servebig DONE
PuroBrat DONE
SFG75 DONE

This "poll" is kinda dumb there Steve....
[snapback]171795[/snapback]​

Looks like Steve wants a "DONE" next to his name :D

Geez, ya can't just "done" a guy for posting a stupid poll... backstabbing guys is a "doneable" offense though.

NA

backstabbing guys is a "doneable" offense though.

I agree with Neal 100% which is why SFG75 & PuroMooch are on the "DONE" list. Stealing and scamming are grounds as well, OH WAIT, I forgot:

Eleuthardt DONE

Again, not because Lee or I or anyone else mandates it but because who would want to deal or interact with people like this?

ROFLMAO...... ohhhhhhh, this is funny.

Some people just don't get it. The only reason you're writing Lee's name in this pole is because many of the FOG got tired of putting up with being trashed for calling people out when needed. Lee has enough respect to be able to call out anyone here and I for one know he'll have the goods to back up the charge.

King Leebo.....bwaaahahaha! :sign:

stevehawk said:
Not to put words in your mouth, but I agree with you that Leebo is a big jerk and his threads are annoying confrontational claptrap.

:sign: Seriously, I often don't care for those threads, but if he weren't saying some of these things, then we'd all be worse off as a rule - IMO.

Leebo states his opinions loudly and aggressively - but I think he does save his loudest voice for fairly important issues and he hasn't gone into attack mode without a reason (that I've seen). Not sure why you'd single Leebo out on this one. Speak up in the individual threads if you think someone isn't getting a fair shake.

Cheers,

- Oak