• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Should the warranty seal glow pink or yellow?

alexgtp said:
atuck said:
If no one is paying attention to an issue like the watermark on the cuban warranty seal, how do any of you actually know you have the real thing. Especially in the U.S. The internet is full of information saying that 90% of the Cuban cigars in this country are fake. I would think that this watermark would be considered very important.
[snapback]191786[/snapback]​

Like it has been said before.

TRUST YOUR VENDOR.
[snapback]191788[/snapback]​

emodx said:
atuck said:
If no one is paying attention to an issue like the watermark on the cuban warranty seal, how do any of you actually know you have the real thing. Especially in the U.S. The internet is full of information saying that 90% of the Cuban cigars in this country are fake. I would think that this watermark would be considered very important.
[snapback]191786[/snapback]​
:0 Hello, do you think it is wise to discuss this on an open forum considering the legalities of Habano's in the US? This should probably been handled in private.
[snapback]191790[/snapback]​

Ironworker said:
atuck said:
Thanks for the advice. I guess I've been going about this all wrong. I will leave a post tomorrow introducing myself to all of you so you can get to know me first before you trust me. I am new to all of this so please understand. All I want is to make new friends, and learn things about my hobby. Please, everyone, accept my apologies for coming accross in the wrong manner. Let me redeem myself and be part of your group.
[snapback]191905[/snapback]​

Atuck, just the way you started off is enough to make everyone gun shy regarding your posts for quite some time.
If you think by simply posting something about yourself will make everything ok, you might want to re evaluate that thinking.
The best way to become a member here is to:
Sit down, light up a cigar and grab a cup of coffee and start posting
After a month or so give a FOG a PM (one that you have communicated with prior) and see if he can help you.
I just don't see the big urgency here. Unless you planned on selling these Hubanos as authentic cigars just chalk it up to experience.
If you follow these few steps correctly I bet you will be right in the mix trading and buying the cigars you’re after.

Good Luck

Rich

P.S. In the time it took for this thread to get this far I would have smoked at least 4 of those bad boys and gave a few away to friends. :laugh:
[snapback]191927[/snapback]​

What they said. :thumbs:

Look, I'm not going to bust your balls for this whole post. Made the same newbie mistake. However, I had introduced myself in the Lobby first. Had plenty of information in my profile. And had even been accepted into some trades. I still got bashed :blush: for making a post like this (i.e., source talk). While this post skates around the issues, it should be handled in private. Just too close to the mark for me. If you left it just to the watermark issues without all of the talk of importing, sources, countries of origin, etc, it would be fine. As is, just not appropriate. Just my humble opinion.

Like the folks above said...trust your source. If you don't, change sources. If you still don't trust them, then you better not order any more cigars. Of course, if you are in the US, you might not want to order any anyway. ;)

Rich said it right. Sit back, read, read, and then read some more. Get some posts under your belt, do some trades, participate in a pass, become part of the community. Then, you'll be accepted and the folks here will be glad to help you. That has been my experience anyway.

I don't really intend on selling any of my cubans and I have smoked well more than 4 of them in this time frame and have given a few away too. Like I said before, real or not, these are great smokes. I don't know what an FOG is. The only urgency is my obsession with wanting to buy more cubans. I'd just like to have this advice I've been seeking before I go investing more money is all. Turns out that what I'm going to do is buy some more from a source in the UK that I found directly through the Habanos SA website as a "Gold Medal" retailer. I will then compare the watermarks. If they are the same, great, that is what I'm hoping for. If they are different then I know that I have been duped and so have many of you. But let us all hope that the "yellow" watermark is a sign of authenticity. As I have been told in PMs that the sources I have used are reputable. The guy in the UK charges almost double what my other sources charge, but I do hope I will be "wasting" my money.

Have I not, at least, aroused peoples curiosity in this matter? Surely, you must be wondering if you do not,in fact, know the answer for yourself. I will get to the bottom of this even if it means traveling to another country, maybe even Cuba, to find out. I was just hoping one of you "knew" the answer I was looking for. Money is not my biggest concern but it would be nice to not have to waste my time with fakes, If that is what I'm dealing with here. Either way, i will be sure to keep you all informed as to what I find out.

I do thank you all for posting your replies and giving me your advice

ive over the years had boxes with various color water marks under black light..from what ive been told this is normal.
depending on the yr. and/or factory.
seems nothing is always consistent in cuba, i gave up on the blacklight/box codes and the checking of every detail..basically i look for triple cappa and give them the old taste test..also consistentsy of roll/size.
otherwise i found myself going crazy over this stuff.

atuck said:
I have several boxes of cubans and all of the warranty seals have a yellow watermark under a blacklight. I have read on the CigarNexus website that the watermark should glow pink. Also on my boxes the numbers, although appear darker red, do not appear black compared to the 2 letters as the article I read says they should. All of the cigars I have look and taste great and the boxes seem to pass all other criteria I have seen. I am very confused and can't find any help on this matter. I have been searching the internet for a few days now and have come accross this website. Can and will any of you help me here?

thanks, Atuck
[snapback]191295[/snapback]​

absolutely YELLOW

Back