• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Should we add another forum category?

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you guys think, should we add any additional forum categories? The latest addition was the Sports Forum about 9 mos ago or so.

I'm thinking about adding a mfgr forum, where manufacturers can post product releases, answer questions, etc.

If you feel we should add any additional categories, please let me know...

Thanks,
Rod

couldn't hurt (IMHO), I'm a field with the 'show recent posts' link, so for me it would have no ill effect.

just my 0.02$

More clutter. Not that my posts don't do that already!

If releases/ideas are coming out....they 'could' post them in the forum that it relates too:

Cigar, Humidor, Pipe rooms.

I took a look at some other cigar sites recently...they have a LOT of forums and rooms and hideaways....too much clutter on the interface.

I'm just a newb, but I can agree that a manufacturers forum would be a valuable resource. Direct information and announcements from those ITB and important questions answered for all to see would be incredible for the community. This could also perhaps foster some direct reaction by the manufacturers to market sentiment.

Also, giving manufacturers their own forum would encourage those ITB to participate on the forum as representatives of their companies.

-Bryan

I think this would be a great addition. Could it be limited to members only and not viewed by lurkers? This might provide incentive for Mfgs to offer better deals and induce lurkers to join. (JMHO)

Manufacturers forum is a great idea. I'd also like to see a fine dinning and food forum.

Doc.

Gary,

I totally agree with you on not creating a cluttered forum. I too have visited some other forums recently, and some of them have nearly 100 categories. I've always tried to keep CP a clean, easy to navigate forum.

I do think a MFGR forum might be in order, as it would separate regular cigar questions from mfgr releases, and mfgr questions.

Still interested in hearing more feedback before I make the change.

Gary,

I totally agree with you on not creating a cluttered forum. I too have visited some other forums recently, and some of them have nearly 100 categories. I've always tried to keep CP a clean, easy to navigate forum.

I do think a MFGR forum might be in order, as it would separate regular cigar questions from mfgr releases, and mfgr questions.

Maybe 'sub-forums'?

As I do like to hear from MFG's, it would be nice to have...just not the clutter.

Also - Doc's fine food forum would be very cool!

What about cigar art? or would that be humidor/accessories?

Gary,

Maybe 'sub-forums'?

As I do like to hear from MFG's, it would be nice to have...just not the clutter.

Also - Doc's fine food forum would be very cool!

What about cigar art? or would that be humidor/accessories?
Or we could just ban Gary and add as many sub-forums as we want??? :sign:

You'd think Gary would like more forums. :D

The fine foods forum is a great idea.

Do you guys think we should restructure the forum layout a bit? Perhaps put the Intro/Lobby forums first, and then the cigar forums next, then the Pass forums, then the Marketplace forums, etc...?

Oh goody, I can start reviewing Olive Oil. I'm envious of those beer and whisky reviewers.

Doc.

A restructure wouldn't bother me. I've never though the Sport forum should be separated in the Lobby for one, it should be a major heading under General Discussion IMO.

Edit to change would to wouldn't. I'm thinking faster then I can type.

You'd think Gary would like more forums. :D

The fine foods forum is a great idea.

Do you guys think we should restructure the forum layout a bit? Perhaps put the Intro/Lobby forums first, and then the cigar forums next, then the Pass forums, then the Marketplace forums, etc...?

:p

Cigar passes should stay put...this is Cigarpass!

Whatever work.

Devil's advocate here, but some people may say that they come to CP to get away from all the manufacturers, advertisers, and B&M's that are NOT a part (or working at becoming a part) of our Brotherhood/Community......just another view.

I like the Food and Dining idea. Music and Arts would be cool as well. Gonna side with Gary on the sub-forums. Good looking out Rod.

I think you have some good ideas here, Rod. I do think the Sports forum could stand on its own as AVB said. It gets just as much of not more traffic than some of the other forums. I also like the idea of a food forum as long as it doesn't become overrun with hot dish recipes (casseroles for all you non-Minnesotans). :laugh:

The manufacturers forum could be a good addition as well. I recently made the mistake of thinking a release thread was a sales pitch in the Cigar Room. Part of that was my own cynical nature, though. :blush:

Keep up the good work!