• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sign of the times

Ginseng

Banned
On one of our credit cards, we had finally accumulated enough "thank you" dollars to redeem for some nice stuff including possibly a 160GB iPod classic. Instead, what did we end up buying? Nine $50 Shell gas giftcards and my wife has gone through 4 of these already for the Kia minivan.

Fifty bucks a pop for my WRX.

Yep, gas prices do indeed suck.

So what's the most you've paid for a fillup recently?

Wilkey

70 bucks to fill the Altima from empty....One good thing about me being hurt is that I am not driving so my Trailblazer just sits.

$98 or so. That's a freakin' 4'er of Padron 40ths!!!

:( :( :( No good...

Just under $110 for my GMC Sierra Denali. It sucks, I say.

Neighbor guy told me the other day he spent damn near $200 filling up his deisel Ford F-350 dooley. He told me the damn thing has almost a 40 gallon tank on it! :whistling:

... damn Texas rednecks... :p

Ouch, Jon. Whatcha driving? A Hummer?

I recently was lent a Trailblazer to use. I filled it up three times a quarter tank at a time. Each time cost me $25.

Wilkey

$90 on average.....now the boat is a 100 gallon tank ~$450 per fill! :thumbs:

Anyone else having problems with credit card pump limits, I think in my area at the pump VISA's max is 50$?

We put in about 70 for the minivan (Dodge Caravan) and 40 in the Carolla. We don't drive much except for the 300 mile week-end trip.

Anyone else having problems with credit card pump limits, I think in my area at the pump VISA's max is 50$?

Thats the same in my area. Visa is $50,Discover is $75, AMEX, Mastercard and ATM is $100.

If you want to bypass the max you have to go inside.

To make it worse some gas stations are now charging a surcharge to use credit cards as well.

To make it worse some gas stations are now charging a surcharge to use credit cards as well.
Now that's interesting. We're starting to see signs out here in Delaware offering pennies off per gallon if you pay in cash. You could save some money in the long run but I certainly don't carry a lot of cash around any more.

Wilkey

Yep, I hit the 99 dollar limit and one of my two tanks is only 1/4 full :laugh: ??? :(

Crossed the $60 threshold for the first time a couple weeks ago filling the Legacy 2.5GT. Small-ish tank, but she drinks premium. The receipt is up on the refrigerator.

I've actually begun driving it in the fuel-saving "Intelligent" mode throttle map more often (basically all the time except when I need a quick burst) instead of the "Sport Sharp" map which basically takes it straight to redline and holds it there longer. Last tank I squeezed about another 35 miles out of it--up to 18.5 MPG instead of the usual 15ish.

We're driving (the dogs can't fly) from Miami to Chicago and back later this summer. It won't be pretty. I might have to keep it within 10 or 15 MPH of the speed limit this time around.

I was upset when I got a flat as I was leaving New Haven, CT for NJ, but driving the whole way on the 50mph max speed spare tire saved me about a gallon of gas! :sign:

Au$112.
For a Ford Fairlane.
Reminds me of a song I heard once..."Piece of shit car"

My Saturn tank is small enough that the max I can put in it is about $34. I haven't gotten there yet but I've done $25 a few times. Filled up the bike for $12 :)

About $65.00 to fill up the Solara which is a V6. We also have some stations offering pennies off per gallon for cash.

Yeah many are doing this now, or as stated, alternately giving discounts for using cash. All BP gas stations and all off name gas stations that sell BP gas switched to this several months ago, just before the prices went through the roof. There's about a $.06 difference/gallon between paying with credit and cash.

Oh yeah.... +$61.00 for the Ford Taurus. At about 20 miles/gal. and over 70 miles/day I do this at least 2x, sometimes 3x/week