• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sign of the times

I broke the $80 mark with regular in my Infiniti FX35 this past weekend. I was running on fumes and put in $82 for a little over 20 gallons. :(

Edited for typo.

I spent 51 yesterday to fill up my Camry. It gets 32 MPG. :thumbs:

Right there is the true sign that times have changed, bragging rights around about HP and more its about mpg. I still call shannanagins on the whole situation but alas I'm just a lonely desk jockey.

All BP gas stations and all off name gas stations that sell BP gas switched to this several months ago, just before the prices went through the roof. There's about a $.06 difference/gallon between paying with credit and cash.

Wow, is that across the board? I have a BP gas credit card that gives my 5% back on BP fuel purchases, I haven't noticed a difference in price. I'll have to double-check next time I fill up. If that's the case, it's time to cancel that credit card, what a crock! :angry:

All BP gas stations and all off name gas stations that sell BP gas switched to this several months ago, just before the prices went through the roof. There's about a $.06 difference/gallon between paying with credit and cash.

Wow, is that across the board? I have a BP gas credit card that gives my 5% back on BP fuel purchases, I haven't noticed a difference in price. I'll have to double-check next time I fill up. If that's the case, it's time to cancel that credit card, what a crock! :angry:

makes perfect sense really, gas stations make very little profit off gas alone. There main revenue is from tobacco, alcohol and the other in store items you purchase. So any incentive to get you into the store were your more apt to purchase things they'll do. Just like many gas stations will purposely not stock the receipt paper at the pump so you have to walk in.

Both my Cooper and my wife's Jetta cost about $45 to fill. For the past two years, I've been riding bike to work when its 40 degrees or warmer and taking the bus when it's not (gov pays for that). I really only fill up once every 2 weeks, at the most.

$100, to fill my F-150. Don't you greenies give me any crap! I can't make a living without it.

Doc

That's a good question Matt. I wonder if they make a special allowance for only their credit card.... that would be interesting. You should call and find out, or like you said next time you fill up just pay attention to whether they are charging you the credit price or the cash price. Even though, with the 5% cash back on an avg. $4/gal. regular, you are actually still saving about 3.5% with the additional $.06 for credit figured in. It's not 5%, but it's still better than nothing. That's something though. They tell you 5%, and the bastids still find a way to get part of that back!

$85 to fill my F150 this morning. This sucks.

I think for the first time ever I've actually got a good excuse to buy a Harley.

I spent 51 yesterday to fill up my Camry. It gets 32 MPG. :thumbs:

You have a hybrid or something? My camry is a 4 cylinder stick and it does not get that good of gas mileage.
I'm look at 23mpg or so.

$600 to fill up my Motor Coach. We don't feel so bad now when I fill up our other cars. :laugh:

I get 7 MPG, work out what it cost us to get from San Diego to Savannah GA, our starting point on the East coast. :angry:

The sad thing, well, one of many due to the gas price unfortunately, is that we noticed far less RV's on the road. Motor Coach's yes, but very few of the rest. There are 8 million
RV families in the US. Most of these folks cannot travel far, many cannot afford to travel at all.

Brian

The most I have yet to pay is $48 to fill up my Scion xB. Very small tank, small engine, too. Great mileage, though. It also helps that, for the most part, all my driving is local, so I have to fill up once every week and a half to two weeks.

Just under $50 for the Fusion, but $80 to fill the F150. I LOVE my truck, but it stays parked in the driveway mostly. The Fusion tank lasts me all week. To Brian's comment, sad indeed. I had hoped to retire to at least half-time RV, but it's not looking good for the home team. I will at minimum, own a travel trailer.

About 60 bucks to fill up the Forester...it never seems to get close to what it is supposed to for mpg...

put $25 a week in my jeep. When it runs out, it runs out. I'd rather change my lifestyle than give greedy oil companies my money.

I was putting $70 or so into my F-150 every 3-4 days. I've since sold it and bought a Mazda3, and I put in about $40 once a week. I've gone from 13 mpg to 30 on my commute (20 miles at 70, and about 4 miles of in town driving), and just got back from a road trip getting 27 mpg, with mainly interstate driving at 75-80.

Late last year we seriously considered buying a new vehicle to lug the kids and their friends around. We considered minivans and small SUVs, but in the end we decided against buying anything because of gas prices. I'm glad we stuck it out with our two sedans, one costs $55 to fill and the other $45, and you can't beat not having car payments.

I hit $60+ the other day.

It was the first time in a while I put in 91oct.....and the last for a while!