• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Sign of the times

About $75 in the BMW 330i, that gets me about 420-450 miles. I get about 22-25 in the city and about 28-32 on the highway depending on how much stop and go there is. The mini cooper S is about $65 to fill and I get about 36 mpg in that. I bought both cars for there performance not so much the gas milage but with prices they way they are I am glad they get what they do.

About $75 in the BMW 330i, that gets me about 420-450 miles. I get about 22-25 in the city and about 28-32 on the highway depending on how much stop and go there is. The mini cooper S is about $65 to fill and I get about 36 mpg in that. I bought both cars for there performance not so much the gas milage but with prices they way they are I am glad they get what they do.

Wow, that's outstanding mileage! You must drive pretty easy most of the time.

My best in my Mazda3 is 32 for the commute, but that was driving like a granny - accellerating slowly, shifting at 2500, driving only 3 mph over the limit. I should be able to do a bit better as the car wears in a little more, but the car makes so little torque down low, resulting in a really low first gear, resulting in a huge rpm drop on the 1-2 shift, that driving like that is painfully slow around town.

I opted for the iPod.

The wife drives a Pontiac Vibe, econo box for her 38 mile round trip commute. She drops me off and picks me up. I commute via mass transit and I only drive on the weekends. My two cars take premium gas but my truck takes regular. All my vehicles are full at all times as I hate to buy a full tank of gas. I also do the math by saying how many cigars it would take to fill up 26 gallon tank at whatever the price is on the day I would fill it up for the truck.

Current price in NJ is 3.979 x26 would be about $103.45 to fill it up from empty. Quite a few nice cigars you could buy with that :laugh:

So what's the most you've paid for a fillup recently?
It was $52 to fill up the beetle this past time. I was putting $20 dollars in my SUV, and it would last 2-4 days. Now I put in $50 +/- and it's lasting from a week and a half to two weeks. Plus I can drive and smoke again. I haven't been able to drive and smoke in a long time. :)

Oh, and I get 26 MPG with the top down and 28 with the top up. :cool: That certainly shuts people up when they make fun of it. :p

I fill up my van (Chevy Venture) every 2 1/2-3 weeks depending on how much driving I do. Last fill up was June 29th and it cost me about $77. I still have about 3/8 of a tank left on it at 341 miles. I usually get about 23-25 mpg except on long highway trips when I get about 30-32mpg.

I drive like an old man (rarely go over 60, even on the highway) and I pay attention to how fast I accelerate and all that. Living in a more rural area sometimes has it's advantages.

The next fill up will be more unless gas goes back down to where it was at the end of June. It's gone up almost 15 cents here since then.

TheWife© drives a Chrysler 300 and gets about 1 1/12 weeks out of a tank. She commutes daily around 25 miles total.

$600 to fill up my Motor Coach. We don't feel so bad now when I fill up our other cars. :laugh:

I get 7 MPG, work out what it cost us to get from San Diego to Savannah GA, our starting point on the East coast. :angry:

The sad thing, well, one of many due to the gas price unfortunately, is that we noticed far less RV's on the road. Motor Coach's yes, but very few of the rest. There are 8 million
RV families in the US. Most of these folks cannot travel far, many cannot afford to travel at all.

Brian

One of my company's customers here in Iowa is Winnebago and they are just about dead in the water these days because of the fuel prices. They don't make the big coaches at the location we service so they've really taken a beating the last year or so.

So what's the most you've paid for a fillup recently?

Fifty-three bucks for my Hyundai. Nothing compared to last year's Amsterdam experience - one of my friends rented a car for a trip through germany, and he ended up with a 100-euro-plus fillup. (That would be .. oh ... at 1.62 euros to the dollar ... nearly 200 bucks.)

65 for my Toyota camry. At 3.99 to 4.25 in these parts. I'm assuming those are lower than average gas prices.

$17.00 to fill up my HD Fatboy with the good stuff.I'm getting about 40 fun miles to the gallon.I'm too cheap too put more than $60.00 in my pick-up.Gas prices suck.

Unfortunately, at this time I'm saddled with 2 SUV's, a Jeep Gran Cherokee, and an Acura MDX, both get around 16-19 mpg depending, but require premium, which here at the corner Shell station is now about $4.34.

The most I've bought in 1 fillup so far is $72, but I'm currently running at around $600 month.

Michael

Wasn't quite on E when I filled up today...cost me right at $43 for a full tank...05 Malibu (POS). :D $3.83 a Gal...$3.80 w/the WW cr card.