• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Simple Pass

There's been a lot of stuff happening the last couple of days, but from the little I know of George I am very confident that he will make this happen. Just be patient I guess.

just be patient! I am sure you will hear something soon. :whistling: :thumbs:

Brandon

I will send GG a PM. The last few days have not been exactly... Well anyway I will see if I can light a fire. I just hope he doesn't have gas.

Sorry, gentlemen... I started to write up a thread and I got distracted with current events...

I promise to have something out in public in the next day or two - and we will finalize the final pass list.

Thanks for your patience...

Way to pick up the ball and run with it, George. If you need any help at all, please let me know. :thumbs:

stevehawk said:
Way to pick up the ball and run with it, George. If you need any help at all, please let me know. :thumbs:
[snapback]299759[/snapback]​

Thanks, Steve. I appreciate it!!!!

I'm not sure if I should even post anything regarding the Simple Pass. I feel like I'm just putting a bullseye on my back now.

I'd like to think that Isaac had good intentions with his pass. Everyone in the pass was a newbie and may or may not have tried his offerings. I was looking forward to joining it to try a few new items. Mainly, I thought it was a good way to get to know some other members that were new and would be looking to make some friends. I understand where the concerns were regarding his pass list. I can see where everything also got out of hand very quickly!! To me, it looked like a decent starter pass. It was not a $10/stick pass, but would have fitted my budget and needs well.

I guess from my snooping on different post, I was really excited about joining CP. I've searched a few sites before stepping throught the CP door. I saw alot of support from other members regarding new comers, something I didn't see in other groups. I also liked the way everyone watched out for each other, as BCloud was doing. I was surprised to see the post regarding needing to be "thick skinned" to be in cigar forum. I love to joke and take shots at friend and use sarcasm, but I would have been a bit taken aback with this also. I had hoped to have a pass started in the next couple of months if things went well. This really makes me nervous to think of my first pass. Hopefully, things work out for everyone, Isaac included. Glad George got things going for everyone. Hope to be aboard the next train!!

Isaac said:
I am the guy who send out the cigar and I take the risk for letting newbie to come. They see the lineup and are interest in them, and they joined.

Nothing more I need to say.
[snapback]296429[/snapback]​

I think you need to say a lot more if what Tommy posted is true... :0

These kind of newbie box passes are good for the membership, as long as you're not doing passes to get rid of, or trade out the cigars you don't want. That's not what box passes on this board are about. It's very much akin to mooching - and I think you need to ask PuroBrat the consequences of being a mooch if that's what you intend to do. ;)

Carry on... :thumbs:

well as you stated, you probably should have just let this one die. A good idea might have been to pm a FOG, but there is nothing wrong with voicing concerns and wondering what happened.

I think they main reason this pass got some negative attention was because they started to question the intentions of the original passer. He had been trying to get rid of many of the smokes he put in the lineup which is not what a pass is supposed to be about. He had some cheaper smokes, none of which were ISOMs, and he stated the ISOM for ISOM rule. After some concerns were raised by some reputable members I think Isaac just took it the wrong way and things escalated quickly.

George nailed it on the quoted post I think. Passes are to have a good time, get to know some members, and try some new stuff you may not have access to. These guys have been very helpful with most of the new guys here, and I know they will continue to do so. If Isaac would have originally asked a FOG for help with the pass I am sure things would have went a lot smoother. The guys here are just trying to protect the community that they are a part of. Hope this sheds some light on the subject.

Brandon

I'm not sure if I should even post anything regarding the Simple Pass. I feel like I'm just putting a bullseye on my back now.

I'd like to think that Isaac had good intentions with his pass. Everyone in the pass was a newbie and may or may not have tried his offerings. I was looking forward to joining it to try a few new items. Mainly, I thought it was a good way to get to know some other members that were new and would be looking to make some friends. I understand where the concerns were regarding his pass list. I can see where everything also got out of hand very quickly!! To me, it looked like a decent starter pass. It was not a $10/stick pass, but would have fitted my budget and needs well.

I guess from my snooping on different post, I was really excited about joining CP. I've searched a few sites before stepping throught the CP door. I saw alot of support from other members regarding new comers, something I didn't see in other groups. I also liked the way everyone watched out for each other, as BCloud was doing. I was surprised to see the post regarding needing to be "thick skinned" to be in cigar forum. I love to joke and take shots at friend and use sarcasm, but I would have been a bit taken aback with this also. I had hoped to have a pass started in the next couple of months if things went well. This really makes me nervous to think of my first pass. Hopefully, things work out for everyone, Isaac included. Glad George got things going for everyone. Hope to be aboard the next train!!

Sorry you missed this pass - But - knowing this board like I do - you'll get plenty of opportunities, if you want!

George,

I don't doubt that there will be more! It is the name of the site! I'm trying to work with Husker right now. I think I'll pass on the passes for a while.

Jason

Got the box 15 minutes ago - looks good, well done George!

Will post P and T before the night is done and send it on tomorrow.

Brian

Sorry to bug but it is to late to join this pass?

i cant seem to find any passes i can get into :( maybe i need more history on the forums :blush:

i cant seem to find any passes i can get into :( maybe i need more history on the forums :blush:
This pass? :laugh: :laugh: Yeah right, welcome to comedy club!

Keep your eyes on the boards, winter is usually pass time,
maybe someone will get another newbie pass going.

Brian

This pass? :laugh: :laugh: Yeah right, welcome to comedy club!

Keep your eyes on the boards, winter is usually pass time,
maybe someone will get another newbie pass going.

Brian

I was wondering why this thread was resurrected... :rolleyes: