• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Since we don't have a Bad Trader forum

It may be just me, However the cigars in question sold in lease than a minute, once they were re-posted.

You are not the guy who missed out when the sticks were "reserved" for SPIVY.......

It may be just me, However the cigars in question sold in lease than a minute, once they were re-posted.

Having said that, the party's in question should have handled it between them self.

Many people bite off more than they can chew shopping on CP.

And nothing changed hands, and every one owned up, to there end.

Case closed, all the other bull shit is just fanning the flames for no reason.

MY TWO CENTS

Spelling

Please, do you have examples and what happened?

I guess I see it differently, but it could just be this morning.

We've all seen sales that were "gone", only to have them reappear a day or so later b/c the person changed their mind. Why is this one any different? Is it the caliber of smokes involved in the sale? What if they were Opus or Anejos, cigars that each of us can find very easily, would that have caused the same reaction? I've had sales where someone stated they wanted a package and then had people come to me wanting said package, for it to only be gone. If the buyer changed his mind, I then just went to the PMs and asked the next person, no big deal.

Personally this could have been easily resolved between Tim and Ed, without all this noise. I don't agree with not owning up to the sale, b/c you found another deal on other cigars, lesson learned.

I understand Tim's irritation about this and I also agree that it sucked for the people who missed out on the sticks that didn't sell. Bad move but as has been previously pointed out, no merchandise or money changed hands - this whole thing was an aborted transaction. That does NOT make it OK but I think it is a degree or two less severe than the aforementioned example where someone offers to sell Padron 80th's and sends 2000's instead.

Tim called Ed out and Ed immediately owned up and apologized and that is as it should be. It's how things get taken care of here.

And while I agree that you cannot "buy your way out" of a situation like this, I disagree that a person's efforts in other areas of this community don't count for anything at all. How else does one begin to build (or in this case perhaps rebuild) one's reputation if not by getting involved with board members and activities?

Again, the newbie war and some other things I am aware of do not absolve Ed of responsibility for this fubar transaction with Tim but it is pretty clear to me that, other than this mess, Ed has been doing the right stuff here and I expect he will continue to do so although he just slid a ways back down the mountain.

It's good to get stuff like this out in the open as it reminds everyone that CP isn't all just goofy bomb wars and funny posts. There is a good lesson to be learned here: When you commit to a transaction you follow through. Let's learn it, give Ed a few more lashes, and move on. There's no need to burn the witch.

- Tim

Edited for grammar.

We've all seen sales that were "gone", only to have them reappear a day or so later b/c the person changed their mind. Why is this one any different? Is it the caliber of smokes involved in the sale? What if they were Opus or Anejos, cigars that each of us can find very easily, would that have caused the same reaction? I've had sales where someone stated they wanted a package and then had people come to me wanting said package, for it to only be gone. If the buyer changed his mind, I then just went to the PMs and asked the next person, no big deal.

Personally this could have been easily resolved between Tim and Ed, without all this noise. I don't agree with not owning up to the sale, b/c you found another deal on other cigars, lesson learned.

I agree with Brandon. SPIVY should not have agreed to the purchase if he didn't plan on following through, but there were others lined up to make good.

Tim, I can see where you think it might benefit the board to explain what happened. It's a "be careful, if he did it to me, he could do it you" kind of scenario that others sellers might want to know about. SPIVY, to his credit, owned up to the issue and apologized.

Hey SPIVY,
I'd trade with you man. In the grande scheme of life, it's just a friggin' cigar.

Trey

Hey SPIVY,
I'd trade with you man. In the grande scheme of life, it's just a friggin' cigar.

Trey

Ummm....fail. That is just precisely the sort of lame, "fuck it, who cares anyway" attitude that doesn't fly here.

- Tim

Edited to add: Spad31, if that was all this was about, why the hell would we have wasted 3 pages on it? Try and keep up, huh?

I agree with Brandon. SPIVY should not have agreed to the purchase if he didn't plan on following through, but there were others lined up to make good.

Tim, I can see where you think it might benefit the board to explain what happened. It's a "be careful, if he did it to me, he could do it you" kind of scenario that others sellers might want to know about. SPIVY, to his credit, owned up to the issue and apologized.

The lad's eyes got bigger than his wallet. Nevertheless, Spivy's technique was wrong, but I suspect he didn't realize how bad a thing he did. I raised 4 boys who each pulled something like this about the same age and each learned from it. Tony said it - our word is our bond. Its a core value up there with lie, cheat, and steal that influences so many decisions. The RIGHT thing to have done would be to offer that he didn't want them, request they be relisted with an offer to make good so Tim didn't get stuck with them. To keep his word.

Tim, I'm glad you were able to move the cigars. I'm not sure why, but it annoyed me that you came out so hard. Still, I think it served its purpose.

Tim, I'm glad you were able to move the cigars. I'm not sure why, but it annoyed me that you came out so hard. Still, I think it served its purpose.

Bruce - I especially agree with the above statement.

Hey SPIVY,

Trey

Ummm....fail. That is just precisely the sort of lame, "fuck it, who cares anyway" attitude that doesn't fly here.

- Tim

Edited to add: Spad31, if that was all this was about, why the hell would we have wasted 3 pages on it? Try and keep up, huh?

Tim,
No, I didn't fail, I'm fully aware of what's going on and decided not to hang the guy out. Not my fight at all. Feel free to continue. I've seen mistakes that caused someone to get blown the fark up. Literally. I've handed the flag to his daughter. In this case, someone didn't get a cigar they wanted. Not as big a deal in my book. I'm not your target here, so please, kindly aim somewhere else. My comment to SPIVY stands. The fact that I'd trade with him knowing what I know is EXACTLY what makes this place go so well. As far as three pages go, I'm pretty sure the point has been made. I'm willing to be the first to move on and tell the dude it's all good. Perspective, brother, mine is just a little different than yours. To me, this boils down to no REAL harm, no foul. Your mileage may vary.

Trey

Hey SPIVY,

Trey

- Tim

Each case on its own merits. I will trade with him also. However, it'll be a cold day in hell that you see me sell, much less buy a hundred buck cigar.

Tim has a point though Trey. This is way deeper than just a cigar. Read the core value thing in, well, most of the previous posts.

Hey SPIVY,

Trey

- Tim

Each case on its own merits. I will trade with him also. However, it'll be a cold day in hell that you see me sell, much less buy a hundred buck cigar.

Tim has a point though Trey. This is way deeper than just a cigar. Read the core value thing in, well, most of the previous posts.

Agreed, and in my line of work, integrity and honesty are EVERYTHING. I get it. I'm sure SPIVY does too.

Good that all this is as civil as it is. THAT's the real story of this site's success.

Trey

Hey SPIVY,

Trey

- Tim

Tim,
No, I didn't fail, I'm fully aware of what's going on and decided not to hang the guy out. Not my fight at all. Feel free to continue. I've seen mistakes that caused someone to get blown the fark up. Literally. I've handed the flag to his daughter. In this case, someone didn't get a cigar they wanted. Not as big a deal in my book. I'm not your target here, so please, kindly aim somewhere else. My comment to SPIVY stands. The fact that I'd trade with him knowing what I know is EXACTLY what makes this place go so well. As far as three pages go, I'm pretty sure the point has been made. I'm willing to be the first to move on and tell the dude it's all good. Perspective, brother, mine is just a little different than yours. To me, this boils down to no REAL harm, no foul. Your mileage may vary.

Trey

Trey, go back and read my posts. I wasn't calling for his head, I was calling for moderation. I've been involved with a bomb with Spivy and as far as I can tell, he's a stand up guy. In fact, I stated as much when I wrote that he owned up quickly and apologized, just like he should have.

My issue isn't with him, it was with your statement that "it's just a cigar". Of course it's not like your unnecessary and absurdly over-the-top comparison to a killed service man or woman. One is about cigars and money and one is about life and death - no comparison at all. But Cigar Pass is about the former not the latter. And the board is mostly self-regulated based on each members contribution, participation, honesty, integrity and reputation. When a member does something wrong, they get called on it. If they don't respond properly (and I think the Spivy has responded well) they get ostracized or even banned. And most of this stuff is based on the principle of fairness all the way around - fair trades, fair sales, fair treatment.

When you say "it's just a friggin' cigar" then you're more or less saying that stuff doesn't matter to you. So be it, that's your opinion. And certainly, in the "grande scheme of life" it doesn't compare to a lot of things, such as your example above, but here it does. So, it is in fact, NOT "just a friggin' cigar", it's actually quite a bit more and I don't think you get it.

Stay safe over there.

- Tim

Thanks Tim. All good. We're on the same page, even if replies don't convey it. ;)

Trey

Everything has been said that needs to be said on both sides of the issue. There are merits to both sides of the argument, but I must say, I'm disappointed with Spivy.

Doc.

Everything has been said that needs to be said on both sides of the issue. There are merits to both sides of the argument, but I must say, I'm disappointed with Spivy.

Doc.

Anybody here need a translation??

He can re-phrase it in more blunt terms if you'd like.

Having said that, the party's in question should have handled it between them self.

Many people bite off more than they can chew shopping on CP.

And nothing changed hands, and every one owned up, to there end.

Case closed, all the other bull shit is just fanning the flames for no reason.

MY TWO CENTS

Spelling

It's not just you. Sheesh.

I figure my opinion does not matter since I am relatively new here but I think that intent would have some weight in matters like this.