• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Skateboarding....

Matt R

That's #1 Member to you. :)
Any old school skate punks here? I'm thinking of getting back on the board and doing some more ramp skating. It's been years and I'll probably break my cocyx, but you only live once, right? I used to live on my skateboard in high school and college.

Any old school skate punks here? I'm thinking of getting back on the board and doing some more ramp skating. It's been years and I'll probably break my cock, but you only live once, right? I used to live on my skateboard in high school and college.

Break what ??? :whistling:

This is my 4th combat deployment and I never leave home without the board. I skate with my 2 sons as often as I can, they are alot better than me, but Dad still shows them a thing or too about the old school street style

Tim

I actually own a skate / surf shop over here on the west coast... I skate almost every day...

I actually own a skate / surf shop over here on the west coast... I skate almost every day...

Just the person to hook me up with a new stick! LMAO!!! Old school, wide board with only one end kicked up. I can't skate these new skinny boards. LOL!

You guys have got to talk with Davela. He's 80 some years old and is still skateboarding. :laugh: Not quite into his 80's, but when it comes to skateboarding and types of skateboards; the wheels, the wood, whatever. This guy skateboarded with Jesus, he's been doing it so long.

Please, drop him a line, and tell him to shut up about the skateboarding already.

I'm thinking of getting back on the board and doing some more ramp skating.
For the love of god, put this on YouTube

No kidding!

I broke my ankle too many times in a pool so I gave it up....switched to the longboard. I still have one of my old Vision Longboards up on my wall in the basement.

We just built a quarter pipe in our motorpool, I think we are getting ready for a jam session, I will get some pics if we do

Any old school skate punks here? I'm thinking of getting back on the board and doing some more ramp skating. It's been years and I'll probably break my cocyx, but you only live once, right? I used to live on my skateboard in high school and college.

I skated a lot 1974-1979. If you skated during those years you remember, Badlands, the Baldy Pipe, Upland Pipeline, etc, those places got a lot of press in "Skateboarder". I live in Upland CA and skated all over the place locally. I remember when Tony Alva and Jay Adams would come to the Pipeline, it would be a big deal and a lot of locals would show up to skate. Steve Alba still skates locally and I saw him at a local park a year or so ago, the guy still rips it up.

I had a long Fibreflex w/Bennett Pro Trucks, RoadRiders and riser pads.

Do you guys remember your boards from that time.

p.s. MattR I too want to see some video of you on a ramp. Maybe you should have emergency personnel present before your first attempt.

First board was a Variflex, made out of fiberglass. First wide board was a Powell Peralta, skull and sword. Had too many others to mention between then and then. LOL!

Just watched Lords of Dogtown again a couple of nights ago. I remember reading the skate mags when those guys were the sh*t. Didn't Adams die and Alva just recently go to prison??

My first deck was a Eric Dressen Dogtown, with Tracker Trucks and Slimball Wheels. Had Silly Stick rails and some riser pads. Damn those were the good old days.

Matty, the new double Kick decks are not that hard to ride, you might need to start out with one that is about 7 1/2 - 7 3/4 inches wide, it helped me to have that old school width when I got back on one. I think my first was a Shorty Logo Large.

I now ride a graphix pro blank, with Tensor trucks and Ricta Duo Core wheels. I also have a Lib-Tech here with me but I need a set of trucks to finish it out.

I am really going to try to get down to the ramp now that my wrist is feeling better, so I can get some pics.

Tim

I have a 5 foot mini ramp in the back of my store that I let customers go rip on... I haven't skated it for a while and now this thread is making me fiend for it...

First board was a Variflex, made out of fiberglass. First wide board was a Powell Peralta, skull and sword. Had too many others to mention between then and then. LOL!

My first board was a Powell Peralta Mike Mcgill board..with a skull and a snake on it. It had some fat Bullet 66's and some chrome indys on it. later i had a Lance Mountain with some big fat Alva wheels on it...it looked like a monster truck.

I remember...going home from school (skateboards were illegak at school) grabbing my board and y 5th generation copy of plastic surgery disasters and sakting over by buddys house to watch Bones brigade videos.

I still have my first board at home. It's a resin sidewalk surfer that was handed down to me when I was 6.