• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Skymiles Programs

Castaway

I get these offers all the time in the mail to join Delta's Skymiles program.

Anybody here have experience with Delta's or other airline's programs?

Do you get many free tickets?

How many points do you need to get stuff?

I get these offers all the time in the mail to join Delta's Skymiles program.

Anybody here have experience with Delta's or other airline's programs?

Do you get many free tickets?

How many points do you need to get stuff?
I use my Amex card for miles. Pay as many business and personal expenses that I can. The miles soon add up.
If you travel it's worth having a card with a miles program. Personally I wouldn't use a card connected
only to Delta. Amex is partnered with numerous airlines. When I want to make a booking, I check out
the airlines, select what I need and then transfer miles from my Amex to the airlines.

These days Amex offer cards with options similar to Visa and MasterCard whereas, in the past, they were always a "pay the full amount"
each month company. Check out Amex, doesn't restrict you to one airline.

Brian

what Brian said. Why not join, isn't it free? I've probably gotten 40+ free tickets w/ Delta over the past 7yrs (flew alot, used amex alot), so yeah, it's worth it

Thanks for the info, guys. :thumbs:

Generally, how many points = a free ticket?

Thanks for the info, guys. :thumbs:

Generally, how many points = a free ticket?

Depends on the airline. Domestic coach, usually 30,000 a ticket. International more, depends where you are flying.

Brian

I have a Jet Blue card through AMEX. At 100 points you get a free flight. Each two hundred dollars is one point, and certain charges are double points, (Jet blue Flights, dining, etc.). So far I have been in the program for six months and have had one free flight and am half way to a second. This program is $40 a year, but if I get a free flight once a year I'm happy. If the program is free and you use credit cards anyway its worth it in IMO.

My brother got one in May when he started his new job that he travels constantly with and puts all his expenses on it. He already has accumulated enough points that he's gonna fly both of us to Atlanta, pay for the hotel for 5 nights, and rent a car all with the points he has accumulated. Don't know if this helps, but if you travel for work it sure seems like it would be worth it.

I have a CC that gets me Alaska Air miles (go figure!) and I love it. I usually get a couple of free trips a year with it. EVERYTHING goes on the card - fuel, food, utilities, all bills... then we just pay it off instead of all the individual bills. Not to mention they give us a $50 companion ticket coupon every year that we use.

I'm hitting Phoenix in a few days on miles... I'm hitting K.C. and the Outlaw gang in May on miles... and I think I'll have enough for another trip this fall.

I'd say do it...

I have an Alaska Air Mileage plane tied to my debit card. So pretty much everything my wife and I buy is earning us miles. We pay all our bills with it as well, since it hits the checking account directly. We usually earn two trips a year from it at this point.

I have a Jet Blue card through AMEX. At 100 points you get a free flight. Each two hundred dollars is one point, and certain charges are double points, (Jet blue Flights, dining, etc.). So far I have been in the program for six months and have had one free flight and am half way to a second. This program is $40 a year, but if I get a free flight once a year I'm happy. If the program is free and you use credit cards anyway its worth it in IMO.

Does that come with a 10 hour wait on the tarmack? (sorry, couldn't resist I fly with them as well)