• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Slipping down the slippery slope of Handguns..

you think handguns are a slippery slope try and get into AR-15's lol :whistling:

Tag for tomorrow when I pick up my new supressor. :)

Browning Buckmark, Tactical Solutions barrel, Silencerco Sparrow supressor.

Its a slippery slope, to be sure! I went from a Ruger Mark III .22 to a Sig 239 9mm to a S&W M&P .45 and my next purchase is going to be a S&W Model 29 (blued, 6.5" barrel).

I didn't go with the 6.5" blued, but as promised:

xtJQz.jpg

That's a 6.5" Looks more like a 4", but could just be the angle of the dangle, there. Very nice new addition!

That's a nice looking gun there Kid, will be hard to choose between that and the M&P!

Its a 4" nickel finish so I guess I went with neither the 6.5" or the blued but I did go with the Model 29 part. :D Oh and Gonz, why not get both? The only handgun calibers I have yet to collect are .38 spc., 40S&W, 10mm. I don't consider the .454 Casul or .500 S&W handgun calibers. lol

I've found I prefer the .45 ACP over the .40 S&W. I just don't like the "snap" of the recoil of the .40, whereas the .45 ACP is more of a rude "push" back into the flesh of the palm. I've owned a few different handguns of different bore, but I think my two favorites are the 1911 in .45 ACP and my little .38 Sp J-frame. I've fired both the .454 and the .500... and they are made for bear, not bad guy! I have never shot a .10mm, however, I came close to buying a Colt Delta Elite sight-unseen a while back. I'm not sure if I regret passing it up, or not...

As far as a .40 goes, I just really like mine pictured below, it's like Goldilocks for me. Not too big, not too wimpy, fits real nice on my hip. Ruger SR40.

005-1.jpg

004.jpg

I have a Ruger LC9, a Glock 26 and a Glock 19. I love them all....concealed, of course.

you think handguns are a slippery slope try and get into AR-15's lol :whistling:

I did that too!!
S&W M&P15 5.56, Followed by DPMS LR 308B, with the PRS Stock and JP trigger Job. Shoots 1.5" at 200yds. Its incredible!
The last one is an OA in 7.62x39. I heard mixed reviews about ARs being chambered in this configuration, but mine has been nothing but outstanding. It has a 16" stainless bull barrel that is extremely accurate. The added weight of the quad rail also helps. I took Breedy's advice and put these together. All except the S&W. It was a black friday Cabelas deal! The .308 is going Praire Dog hunting over Christmas. It should turn those little bastards in to pink mist!
6520897249_bd0cca60a7_z.jpg
6520898335_1d4f68384b_z.jpg
6520896811_b6bb603439_z.jpg
6520897823_2c3164c436_z.jpg

Yay, now we're on to rifles...

First, a montage with the new suppressor:
img0001sa.jpg

Second some Ar variants:
50 BMG, 6.8 SPC, and a .458 SOCOM
img0006bxj.jpg

Mall ninja tacticool version 5.56:
img0022sv.jpg

Finally, the one I enjoy shooting the most:
20110710112545.jpg

Damn! Great rifles! I really want an AR in a 6.8 spc. Beautiful guns LFK. I love how you did everything top notch. Do you reload for you .458 SOCOM? I almost talked my self into one until I started looking at ammo. It is such a great round, but damn are they proud of that stuff!
Thanks for the pics!

Thank you.
I don't reload. I should reload. I'm afraid of picking up one more hoby/habit, even if I justify it as saving me money. :sign:

Back to pistols. I bumped my head at the gun shop tonight. Now I am the proud owner of a Kimber Custom II .45. My sickness just seems to migrate from one obsession to the next.