• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Slipping down the slippery slope of Handguns..

redraider

Whoa Thats Cold
Well,
I purchased a Beretta M9 about a month ago. I really like it,and it shoots great. I then decided I would like a 1911 in 9mm, so I purchased a RIA that is a great gun for the price. I liked it so much, I thought damn, I need a full size 1911 in a .45. So the search began. After a great bit of research I decided I want a COLT! I shot a few of them and fell in love. I have a Kimber (Ultra), so I am anxious to see how this compares. So I ordered this today! The hardest thing now is to wait. I should be able to pick it up next Wednesday. I never realized how hard it was to find this gun. I thought living in a large city, someone would have one locally. NOPE! I know quite a bit of you guys shoot. I honestly think this is getting more addicting than cigars!!
colt_1911_rail_gun_stainless_1.jpg

Its a slippery slope, to be sure! I went from a Ruger Mark III .22 to a Sig 239 9mm to a S&W M&P .45 and my next purchase is going to be a S&W Model 29 (blued, 6.5" barrel).

I read the title of the thread a little wrong and thought CP was going soft on me.

Slipper slope indeed. Colt makes a very nice 1911, Im more or a Les Baer fan but its very hard to complain about Colt. Just wait until you start reloading your own rounds for it to achieve that 3/4 inch group at 25 yards. :thumbs:

In my safe you'll find autos and wheel guns that say Ruger, Glock, Springfield Armory, S&W, Beretta, and yes, even Taurus on them.

Slippery slope, indeed....!!!

Please send me your kimber 1911, addy in profile. TIA!

It hurts me to see these threads. My sister is babysitting my firearms while I'm overseas. I miss my Springfield Armory TRP, but I think what I miss the most is the comfort of the J-frame in my front pocket. A .45 on the hip is reassuring, but there was rarely a time when I didn't have the .38 in a pocket holster.

I think when I finally return stateside, I'm going to start building a long gun collection. .22's, AR's, AK's, bolts and levers... I want them all!

NIce Colt. I'm a traditionalist, so I don't really like picatinny rails on 1911's, but that sure is a fine piece of steel. My TRP has front cocking serrations, as well, which I don't really understand. I mean, I get the concept and intent, but does anyone actually USE them?

I have a Ruger LC9, a Glock 19 and a Glock 26. I love them all. The LC9 is very concealable.

A .45 on the hip is reassuring, but there was rarely a time when I didn't have the .38 in a pocket holster.
Interesting you said that. My "don't leave home without it" companion is a S&W 642 that went back to Cylinder and Slide for "the works". Came back with a pull as smooth as silk, a nicely crowned barrel, and a really slick milled 1/2 "ghost ring" in the backstrap that leads up to the new Meprolight tritrium front sight.

Love my Springfield and my Glocks, but when I'm running out the door, I grab this and pocket it. Never leave home without it...... :cool:

The front rails actually even out the gun quite a bit and make it feel extremely balanced. I know the traditonalist are against the rails, but i think it makes the pistol look great! At this rate, I will have to start re-loading to shoot them all...

My Springfield "Operator" has rails. I've always felt the additional weight up front made it a little easier to shoot on the follow up shots. Like anything to do with handguns, YMMV....

I may even hang a light / laser off them someday. You never know..... :whistling:

Should've called me Dain, I have an extra 1911 Springfield .45 Loaded model I don't use/ need...if you weren't so stuck on a Colt, I might've given you the broseph price. ;)

Let's go shoot soon man..guns, cigars...doesn't get much better.

My Springfield "Operator" has rails. I've always felt the additional weight up front made it a little easier to shoot on the follow up shots. Like anything to do with handguns, YMMV....

I may even hang a light / laser off them someday. You never know..... :whistling:

I need to come up there and get all your guns dirty Tom! :laugh:

I have an extra 1911 Springfield .45 Loaded model I don't use/ need...if you weren't so stuck on a Colt, I might've given you the broseph price. ;)

Jake, do you have any pics? PM me, and if you're looking to sell it? :p

I need to come up there and get all your guns dirty Tom! :laugh:
...well, give me a date, ya filthy animal...!!.... :laugh:

I belong to a nice range with covered shooting areas and even nice heated bathrooms for the sensitive ones..... :laugh:

Rails definitely add mass and weight to the business end, therefore adding stability for follow up, no doubt. I like them on just about every firearm except the 1911. And that's simply because I'm a weenie.

Talking with another dad at my daughter's school this morning, apparently if you are a member of the Rod and Gun club here, you can order firearms, store them there, then have them shipped back with you when you leave, all legal-like.

I REALLY didn't need to know that...

Should've called me Dain, I have an extra 1911 Springfield .45 Loaded model I don't use/ need...if you weren't so stuck on a Colt, I might've given you the broseph price. ;)

Let's go shoot soon man..guns, cigars...doesn't get much better.

I would love to see your Springfield!! That would round out my 1911 collection nicely! I am out of town until Thursday.. I think I still have your cell phone. I will shoot you a text when I get back in town.

:thumbs: Very nice. I'm with you on that slope, just got a Colt Defender .45 ACP.

Slippery slope my ass, more like jumping off a cliff. Handguns, then shotguns, AR's and magazines, thousands of rounds of ammo, multiple holsters, lights and knives, various cleaning aids and tools, optics and more...well at least that is how it happened with me