• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Small Cigars?

I had a few Onyx back in the day (recommended by the shop owner); not bad at all.

Other great "tin" cigars are out there: Fuente, Ashton, and CAO. I go to these quite often when I care to hang out with the cigarette smokers. Easy to get away with them in bars, too.

A quick search brings up some of my favorite threads here at CP. Enjoy!

They can be a little harder to track down these days, but Don Lino Africa makes a great small cigar that comes in tins of four (and a wicked cool box of fifty that I've only seen at promotional events). Somewhat stouter ring gauge than most tinned cigars, and an absolute flavor bomb.

~Boar

They can be a little harder to track down these days, but Don Lino Africa makes a great small cigar that comes in tins of four (and a wicked cool box of fifty that I've only seen at promotional events). Somewhat stouter ring gauge than most tinned cigars, and an absolute flavor bomb.

~Boar
Boar,

the last 3 of these I smoke while were great tasting, they had issues all over the place, burn, construction.....have they addressed them?

Tim

~Boar
Boar,

the last 3 of these I smoke while were great tasting, they had issues all over the place, burn, construction.....have they addressed them?

Tim

I thought the little ones were better than the bigs ones, all things considered. I have gotten the impression that the line was it's death throws. Might check CI.
I loved the concept, just they were not very consistent on the standard sizes, and I also experienced construction issues. I would love to see Fuente try something using a but more cameroon.

You know, it's been so long since I've seen them at my local B&M, I had no idea what was going on with the line---I've always loved the flavor profile, though. Nice meaty full-bodied cigars that reminded me of nothing so much as chewing on a nice big ol' steak. Went through many a box of Kifaros (the torpedo) a few years back and while they were always a bit rough looking and toothy, never had any real burn or construction issues then.

I'll have to check around and see if I can score some. Such a great tasting cigar, it's a shame to hear they're going to crap.

~Boar

PLMC Sweetie

PLMC.jpg

Check out the Bolivar Confradia - about 35 minutes and a deep rich taste at an affordable price.

I usually buy these by the box, and the last two boxes were dated 2007 and 2008.

update for additional info.

For the cold weather, I stick to the shorter smokes. Nothing larger than a petite corona (just like when it rains), or else it just gets too damn cold in the northeast to enjoy the cigar. My favorites are:

Padron Serie 1926 No. 35
Partagas Shorts
Trinidad Reyes
San Cristobal de La Habana El Principe
Ramon Allones Small Club Corona
Cohiba Siglo I
Cohiba Siglo II
Por Larranaga Petite Corona
Bolivar Petite Corona
Bolivar Corona Junior
Bolivar Tubo No. 3
El Rey del Mundo Lunch Club
Romeo y Julieta Cedros Deluxe No. 3
Punch Royal Selection No. 12

Well I bought a Tin of Onyx reserves. Very good cigar for a fair price to. 10 cigars for 20 dollars. Tried one today and it was pretty good. Would have been better if I wasn't studying for an exam tonight.

Well I bought a Tin of Onyx reserves. Very good cigar for a fair price to. 10 cigars for 20 dollars. Tried one today and it was pretty good. Would have been better if I wasn't studying for an exam tonight.
Great start, try to keep a written log as you try different cigars so you can organize your likes & dislikes.

...and why are you smoking when you should be studying!!!!!!! :laugh:

I'd go with a Short Story Maduro, Padron 1926 Anni #35 and or a Opus X #5. You can't go wrong with either.

The AF Exquisitos maddie is a short cheap smoke that I'm thinking may become a go-to for me. They have a nat and sg as well.

Party Shorts, RASCC, Bolivar CJ's are all good smokes, as are PLPCs, Bolivar PCs, MC #4, and one of my personal faves, the RyJ Romeo No. 2.

Another nice quick smoke are the Partagas Chicos and Montecristo Puritos. Won't last as long as petit corona or tres petit, but are good for a ten or fifteen minute car ride.

Great start, try to keep a written log as you try different cigars so you can organize your likes & dislikes.

...and why are you smoking when you should be studying!!!!!!! :laugh:
Studying and smoking... It kept me focused!!! Lol.

Tatuaje Petite Tatuaje and Opus Pussy Cat and #4 & #5 are my go to NC small cigar. On the Cuban side, Trinidad Reyes or a RA SCC are very tasty right out of the box.

I just tried a few Sosa Exclusivo. Nice little 4.5 X 40 ish RG PC. I really liked it a lot. Gonna have to try and hunt down a box.

I'm really liking the Panacea Bolts lately (4x50). Not sure if that is small enough, but they are a nice 30-45 minute smoke.

My top 3 favorites are the Padron Cortico's Natural, Tatuaje cazadores, and the Partagas Black Label.