• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

small rant

Holy crap!

Do they smell musty? Do they feel damp?

If neither, then I would probably dust them off, stick them in a ziploc and smoke the hell out of them. The mold is the benign "fluffy white" variety.

If either or both, then I would ask for an exchange.

I have over half a dozen of these on hand at all times and I've not seen this in any bundle.

Wilkey

mold came off. Isolated the moldy cigars and the cigars that were touching. I have gone through quite a few of these boxes and these were the first ones to ever have a problem.

Dave, In this particular case after looking at the pictures, the mold on the cigars obviously is not desirable however could be easily be dusted off. Isolating the moldy sticks was the right thing to do. The % of mold on the cigars is minimal IMO. If however the mold was on the foot of the cigar that would be a completely different story. When mold grows on the foot it can also spread internally through out the cigar which could possibly make you sick when smoked. Again just my opinion. Mold at the foot is a definite RTV. Im sure these cigar are quite wet and require a long rest at 62- 65 humidity. Thanks for the pics as it clarified the exact condition.

Bob

For $12.50 I wouldn't bother. If you have a solid relationship with this vendor and frequently give them business I would send them the picture. I would add while you weren't totally pleased with the condition the cigars arrived in you felt it was not worth yours or their time and expense to return them. The vendor, if he's smart, should acknowlege the problem and offer to make it right on your next order with a little something. If not I would take it into consideration next time I felt this vendor had something I want. $12.50 is just not worth writing off a vendor unless it is a reoccuring problem.

I have a no mold policy. I'm allergic to mold. If I get even one moldy cigar in a box I want that box replaced. Period.

The vendor can sell the rest of the cigars as singles as much as I care, but I want a mold free box for myself.

The issue with this Vendor is....what employee was allowed to put them in a box to be mailed in that condition?

Is this a way of getting rid of substandard stock?

The price has NOTHING to do with that cigar sold in THAT condition.

my .02

The issue with this Vendor is....what employee was allowed to put them in a box to be mailed in that condition?

my .02

You're making an assumption here that the cigars were in that condition when they were shipped.

I'm shocked at how many of you would go to such lenths to return 5 -$2 cigars, most likely halfway around the world. From those pictures those cigars are fine. Wipe them off and be done with it. There's not a one of you that would know if the cigar was given to you to smoke after being brushed off.... even if you're alergic to mold.

my .02

You're making an assumption here that the cigars were in that condition when they were shipped.

I'm shocked at how many of you would go to such lenths to return 5 -$2 cigars, most likely halfway around the world. From those pictures those cigars are fine. Wipe them off and be done with it. There's not a one of you that would know if the cigar was given to you to smoke after being brushed off.... even if you're alergic to mold.

I can taste mold.

And I'd be seriously pissed off at the person who KNOWINGLY handed me a moldy cigar to smoke that he had "brushed off" and I found out about it. If someone wants to smoke moldy cigars, fine. But don't be handing them out to other people.

Holy crap!

Do they smell musty? Do they feel damp?

If neither, then I would probably dust them off, stick them in a ziploc and smoke the hell out of them. The mold is the benign "fluffy white" variety.

If either or both, then I would ask for an exchange.

I have over half a dozen of these on hand at all times and I've not seen this in any bundle.

Wilkey

My sentiments exactly. This is absolutely horrible.

Those are hideous. I'd never accept them.

Ditto........
That is a lot of mold and unless they were in transit for months I doubt that they weren't in that condition when mailed.
I would demand a refund/replacement and something free to make up for your troubles.