• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Smart Phones Palm or Blackberry?

Petthefish

Well my contract with sprint will be up in a month and it is time for a phone upgrade. With work and all I need to get a smart phone. So here is what I need it for. Email, Internet, messaging, and music (yeah I need music).

Right now I am up in the air on a few Smartphones

Blackberry Curve

Blackberry 8830

Palm Treo

Samsung Instinct

Samsung Ace

So what do you all use? What do you like and dislike? thanks brothers! ohh and the new job is going great! rp

I have the Blackberry Storm and love it. I have all my emails sent to it plus I can look at any Office document from it. The only thing I don't like is the cost. But I got mine for $99 since I was up for a trade in. I definitely got insurance though because to replace it is $600. First phone I ever got insurance on.

I prefer Blackberry. Based on your stated needs/wants, and since you didn't list the Storm as one of your options, I think you're likely in the market for the 8900 or (yet to be released) 9630. Personally, I'm waiting for the 9630. I think it might be worth your while to wait on that as well and use your upgrade credit to mitigate its new toy on the block expense. You could easily procure a relatively cheap 8330/Curve (my choice among your listed options) on the secondary market to tide you over until then.

Of the ones you listed, I'd probably choose the Curve first, then the Samsung Ace. I wouldn't get a Palm.

I have Sprint and I have used a Palm Treo 650, Palm Centro and an older model Blackberry for my work. I work in IT with DOD and use my phones all the time for emails, contacts, internet, and calendar. I am currently using the HTC touch pro and have had the most satisfaction with it more than any other phone I have had. It's kind of up to what your preference is I guess. I am not a big fan of palm's or blackberry's operating systems. So the biggest recommendation I would make is to get a phone that has Windows Mobile.

I know it is not an option, but i wouldn't trade in my iphone for any other phone. I had a curve for two months and traded it for the iphone because it was a giant hunk of junk.

I would not get the palm I have had the 600-755p and still have it sitting on the shelf not being used. I would not reccomend it to anyone. would go with the blackberry

I am typeing this message from my Blackberry...nuff said...lol

I love my blackberry, there's so many things you can do with phone. Get a blackberry my friend, you will have no regrets.

Delta said it. iPhone

It's the greatest thing since, since, canned beer!

The simple nuances are what make it. There are so many neat little things about it.
Don't make your decision until you have looked at it.

If I could get it on verizon...I would probably get an iphone. However, I have a blackberry curve and its pretty decent. Its a bunch better than the motorola q I got when they first came out.

The funny thing is, I think you are going to find annoying things about any phone you get, whether it be a palm, iphone, bb, htc, or just a regular old phone. That said, I would get whichever one feels comfortable in your hand or pocket, sounds clear enough you can hear well, and easy enough to type with if you are a texter. Thats really whats important, all the rest of the stuff is gadgetry and each phone is going to have its own form of and following for it.

If you wait though and don't mind switching networks, I hear theres a version 2 of the bb storm coming thats going to have a touchscreen as well as a normal qwerty keyboard...

I have a Blackberry and my girl has an Iphone. I love my blackberry but if i didn't hate AT&T so much and verizon had the Iphone I would purchase one without hesitation.

B.B.S. pointed me towards the Blackberry Storm and I love the phone. I am on Verizon and get great coverage with it.

I have a Blackberry Curve and can honestly say its the best phone I have ever had. No complaints at all.

+1 for Blackberry

Blackberry Curve -
longest battery life 5.9hrs
2.0 camera
use of blackberry server

Blackberry 8830-
no camera
horrible battery 3.9
international option

Palm Treo
which one?

Samsung Instinct
which one?

Samsung Ace
discontinued and so for a reason

-Gianni-

if i didn't hate AT&T so much and verizon had the Iphone I would purchase one without hesitation.

That right there.... The interface on the iPhone is just so bloody slick it's sick. Otherwise I think the functionality and cross platform utility puts the blackberry (crackberry) in the lead.

I've had a Treo 650, 680, and Centro, as well as a Blackberry in the long-past future. Palm is - for all intents and purposes - easier to work with with a lot less useless flash. Much faster, lots of apps. On the other hand, it looks REALLY DATED.

Now? I have a HTC Touch. I don't use my phone for all the stuff I used to use it for. I do use it for some stuff that I couldn't use the Palm for. I don't mind the lack of responsiveness, and I don't mind the pretty UI. Like I said - depends on your uses.

Have had Palm products for over 6 years, and wouldn't trade them for the world. Never had a problem, always did what I wanted them to do.

I have a Blackberry and my girl has an Iphone. I love my blackberry but if i didn't hate AT&T so much and verizon had the Iphone I would purchase one without hesitation.

It is coming give it time. Maybe as early as August.